• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2Kart ArcadePak v1.6 - New tracks on the way!

ACStriker

SRB2Kart ArcadePak dev - living enigma
Now, the track is actually still really WIP as in, visually there's nothing final done but the layout itself is something that I wanted to show to everybody to get any feedback before starting to fully produce a track out of this.

(the thumbnails sucked so I ended up slapping this as one lol)

I will definitely be providing more insight about this track progress as well as two or three more tracks that are also under construction; please make sure to leave your feedback or thoughts below as that would definitely help me into making a better track :)

To me, this track looks like it'll be really fun to race on with the emphasis on constant drifting, and the really cool turn onto the blue airborne piece at 0:19. However, I don't now how well that part specifically will work in a multiplayer setting, 'cause that could lead to people getting royally screwed over if they're bumped a little too hard (Especially lightweights), or are unlucky enough to get hit by an item. If that happens too early in the turn, it seems like it could set them back quite a bit. Again, not too sure how big of an issue that could end up being in a multiplayer setting since this track is so early in development, but it's the only real concern I have with the layout. Everything else is looking pretty good so far.

To me, this track looks like it'll be really fun to race on with the emphasis on constant drifting, and the really cool turn onto the blue airborne piece at 0:19. However, I don't now how well that part specifically will work in a multiplayer setting, 'cause that could lead to people getting royally screwed over if they're bumped a little too hard (Especially lightweights), or are unlucky enough to get hit by an item. If that happens too early in the turn, it seems like it could set them back quite a bit. Again, not too sure how big of an issue that could end up being in a multiplayer setting since this track is so early in development, but it's the only real concern I have with the layout. Everything else is looking pretty good so far.
I forgot to mention this in the thread, but that blue ramp area is actually colored like that as it doesn't have slope physics, since not only I also had thought on the possibility of somebody getting hit on that ramp and basically being stuck because of no way to go back up, but also because I did try that area with slope physics as an experiment (I didn't plan in giving it physics for the explained reasons) and it doesn't work well anyways.

I forgot to mention this in the thread, but that blue ramp area is actually colored like that as it doesn't have slope physics, since not only I also had thought on the possibility of somebody getting hit on that ramp and basically being stuck because of no way to go back up, but also because I did try that area with slope physics as an experiment (I didn't plan in giving it physics for the explained reasons) and it doesn't work well anyways.
Ooh. Good to know.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back