• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2CD

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should just ditch the 2D aspect. It's a lot harder to work with, and SRB2's 2D mode sucks anyway.

Actually, I mostly ditched SRB2 altogether. I just really really
liked the idea of a 2d perspective with 3d environments.

I could've done so much with it, but SRB2 IS too hard to
work with for what I want. Meh, back to the notional drawing
board... as usual with my stuff. ._.`

Anybody wanna get started on some textures, or even a title screen?

I won't need them unless otherwise noted; the levels I need are SRB2 Levels, just with past and future levels in there.

All I want to know is who and why.

I think the way the levels should work is that the past and future levels should be in the same map as the present levels (GFZ, THZ, and CEZ), in a seperate, area with a thok barrier.

super peel out super peel out super peel out super peel out super peel out super peel out super sup super peel outer peel out peel out super peel out...please???

is the super peel even possible???

i liked the super peel,every level i searched for a steep slope,super sneakers or a red spring just to speed up.

its not going to be much of sonic cd mod without the sonic cd only super peel is it?

that would require modding the source code. A lot. Anyways, just a reminder: Use a colormap for the past areas, like they did in sonic CD.

No no no, I think you're getting the wrong idea.

Sonic CD switches palettes when going to different time zones. SRB2 doesn't switch palettes as it has one big global palette, so you have to deal with the existing colors you have on it.

A colormap just adds a single color to a sector or part of a sector. It would also change the colors of the objects inside that sector. Duh. And colormaps wouldn't be able to change the wall and floor colors very well. Unless you're using the other blend mode (With Z at the end of the texture name), which will turn the entire area one color hue. You surely wouldn't want that.

Unless you're talking about putting in a different palette lump. That I also object. It would make other objects the wrong color.

Well, if you don't mind loading custom WADs periodically throughout the stage, which isn't something I condone, you can have several COLORMAP lumps in several different WADs and load up the COLORMAP needed for each particular level... they'd mostly be the same basic colors, but with a few tints here and there.

Of course, when you get around to the linedef colormaps, then they resort to the normal colormap, so don't do anything too drastic or it'll all be for naught once you add water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back