SRB2Bnet - The Competition Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Hello, and welcome to SRB2Bnet. SRB2Bnet is a private gateway server for multiplayer play over the internet for many of Blizzard's games, hosted on the official SRB2 server, owned and operated by Logan and Alam. Here, you can play the games without restriction and with high-speed connection to the gateway. Additionally, it serves as a community competition portal. Prepare your Zerglings and gem your gear...

The games supported are as follows:
*Diablo II / Lord of Destruction version 1.12 (Open Battle.net only)
*Starcraft / Brood War version 1.16.1
*Warcraft II Battle.net Edition
*Diablo

Note: Warcraft III support is disabled due to extra software needed to play. However, it will be enabled with enough player demand.

Connection is as easy as a quick download and the adding of a gateway for supported games. It is not necessary to use a legitimate CD key to play, either (but make sure you use a unique one!).

Visit http://bnet.srb2.org/ for more information.

IRC Channel: #SRB2Bnet on irc.esper.net

Oh, I wish I knew what happened to my Starcraft Battle Chest... I would have liked to play through the campaign before "Wings of Liberty" comes out and I'd have liked to be able to enjoy some online Starcraft play even if I'd get brutalized.

Incidentally, will Starcraft 2 be supported when it comes out, or will it be the same deal as Warcraft 3?

From a technical standpoint, maybe. Blizzard recently opened up http://www.battle.net/ which uses a different system entirely from traditional Battle.net services. It may simply be a product registration site, but considering everything in World of Warcraft now allows the use of this Battle.net account, Starcraft II and Diablo III will probably both use it as well.

Even if it uses the same system and the server software we are running is updated to support them, chances are I won't enable it for a long time. Blizzard really deserves the credit they get, and I'd like people to support them during the initial release of the games.

Also, you can use a "pirated" version to play on this server, if you want to find a torrent or whatever. In fact, I wouldn't use a legit Battle.net CD key on a private gateway anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back