SRB2 Uncapped

SRB2 Uncapped 2.0 hotfix 2

uhh i know this is stupid and annoying but what is a source code if you dont mind 😅
It's basically just the code a program runs on. A program is considered "open source" when the source code is deliberately published by it's creator, allowing others who know how to be freely able to read the code or even modify the code to create their own version or port it to be used on a different operating system.

hi i know if i should report proplems for srb2 uncapped i should report it in youre gitlab. but the proplem is i cant log in right now.
so thats why im posting it here.

the problem

when playing as modern sonic i saw that when jumping his other sprite (i dont know what to call it) goes more ahead then the player.

srb20000.png

i also tested this with the 3d model and sure enough it still happened.

srb20002.png
srb20003.png

if theres already a way to fix this please let me know.

(this is my first ever post so please dont judge me if i did something wrong)

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 146
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 146
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    349.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
when playing as modern sonic i saw that when jumping his other sprite (i dont know what to call it) goes more ahead then the player.
This is completely normal, I believe it just has to do with how SRB2 stores objects and the interpolation. When an object disappears, it isn't actually destroyed, it's instead put into a low part of the map that's out of the player's vision. Because interpolation is basically just moving an object from one place to another with more frames, Uncapped sees the transition from "existing" to "not existing" and counts it as motion, thus you see the object in the wrong spot.

But actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so take this with a grain of salt.

This is completely normal, I believe it just has to do with how SRB2 stores objects and the interpolation. When an object disappears, it isn't actually destroyed, it's instead put into a low part of the map that's out of the player's vision. Because interpolation is basically just moving an object from one place to another with more frames, Uncapped sees the transition from "existing" to "not existing" and counts it as motion, thus you see the object in the wrong spot.

But actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so take this with a grain of salt.
thank you for youre reply. i atleast now know why this is happening. thanks for this information.

yo uh for some reason uncapped doesnt support multiplayer servers at all? on vanilla i can join any server but on uncapped it crashes and says sigsev violation every time
Post automatically merged:

bro srb2 uncapped keeps having errors,it says that my gamedata.dat is from an older version of srb2 but its literally from 2.2.10
so i keep having to restart
and then a bunch of mods stop working
and then i have to re download those mods
its so annoying
and it happens almost every time i launch the game
how to fix?

Last edited:
@Fafabis

Hey, are you on the main discord? I'm the author of the patches used for this build's interpolation feature, and I'm currently working on the rewrite branch I started for 2.2 a while back. I need to know if you based this fork on the old version of the interpolation code or the new code. At a cursory glance it seems to be the old thinker-interpolator based version but I am not sure.

I don't know how to but can someone please compile this into an android edition f
2.2.10 I had the 2.2.9 version and its awesome, the reason I like it is because I love toaq play SRB2 on my RetroidPocket2+ (BTW I'm new to the community I joined literally today)
Sorry but
Rule 15

Someone attempted to host using the 2.2.10 exe that we can find here. Players using the vanilla build find issues about mods being downloaded when they shouldn't and unable to rejoin without restart. And the host of said server said that he had to redownload files each time he had to join a server.

Some tried hosting using this build and joining in vanilla and the same glitch happened.

Basically it seems that this build give wrong file md5 that have the effect of breaking modlist(and asking to load files that are wrong) or thinking that downloaded files are wrong.
We don't know why it happens but it can happens and there are suspicions that this exe is a cause.

Uncapped-plus exists so use it instead of this until this get fixed.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back