• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: The Arcade Levels (W.I.P)

Concept sketches for Fightbot-R! (Free guesses as to who this is supposed to be.)
IMG_0914.JPG

Sorry if this has been explained, but what's the bar under the rings for?
Basically it serves as a visual indicator as to how many rings you have, with it capping out at 100 rings.

While the Sonic proportions line up with Sonic, I think for a menacing villains or threats, like G.O.D, as well as the fightbot you sprited here, the tiny body + (proportionately) massive head makes them look like toddlers. I think you should enlarge the bodies a bit, or make the heads a bit smaller. It'll help them look more imposing and threatening.

While the Sonic proportions line up with Sonic, I think for a menacing villains or threats, like G.O.D, as well as the fightbot you sprited here, the tiny body + (proportionately) massive head makes them look like toddlers. I think you should enlarge the bodies a bit, or make the heads a bit smaller. It'll help them look more imposing and threatening.
Ok now that you pointed it out it kinda does look like a toddler, thanks for pointing it out.

Heya, it's been a few minutes, hasn't it? Anyway Fightbots are comin.
1646143769547.png

I usually take my time with sprites, so it might be a while.

Also for whatever reason I have an urge to make a level based on Dire Straits' Money for Nothing music video.
1646143874887.png

It won't be a part of Arcade Levels, just something to look out for in the future.

There won't be a G.O.D character mod for Kart because:
1. It wouldn't be in character for G.O.D to associate himself with an organization that revolves around driving around in race cars (with cars in general being a major factor in air pollution.)
2. I'm personally not exactly a big fan of SRB2Kart and I don't plan on making any Kart mods (or at least any serious kart mods) anytime soon.
Maybe I'll make one as an April fools joke or somethin.

1. It wouldn't be in character for G.O.D to associate himself with an organization that revolves around driving around in race cars (with cars in general being a major factor in air pollution.)
2. I'm personally not exactly a big fan of SRB2Kart and I don't plan on making any Kart mods (or at least any serious kart mods) anytime soon.
Maybe something like:

Evil G.O.D be like: ah yes let's damage the enviroment

Can we get G.O.D in SRB2 instead :knuxsmug:

But what if he asks for all racers from now on to use air-pollute free karts/bikes?

So I updated JAMMA City out of boredom.
srb20132.png
srb20133.png

Post automatically merged:

Another small update for JAMMA City. Also the HUD has been updated to show the level timer during Record Attack and Netgames.
srb20136.png

Last edited:
The base fightbot sprites have been finished with a total of 32 sprites!
1646840693869.png

I think what I'll do now is redraw the original MVC2 sprites as Fightbots as practice.
Post automatically merged:

(Image has been upscaled.)
ryuref.png

Left: Original Street Fighter Alpha/Marvel vs. Capcom 2 sprite. Right: My Fightbot redraw.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back