SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2riders1kx4.png

srb2riders2dp2.png

srb2riders3kq4.png

srb2riders4ha8.png

srb2riders5fc8.png

After Draykon made sure the Speed Pads (w/ Spin) and the NiGHTS Bumpers worked only for skins with ability 0 and 1, disabled lives, set up a ring limit, added 2 frames to the trick frames, and after making the HUD color-friendly, he stopped working on it again. It was a couple of week ago that he gave me the code. Now I've been working on it whenever I can, but when I do, most of the ideas I can come up with came out successful.

Here's the current Riders progress:

EXE

• Coop was disabled. Now you can't use either the console or the SRB2Net Launcher (parameters) to access coop mode. And even if you do, I set it up so that if GT_Coop was chosen, it would return as TOL_Race.
  • Time Only was set as the default racetype. I'm sure you can still choose Full.
  • I left Match, Tag, and CTF in there, and considered making it a default gametype of boosting into each other. Now I have to find out how to make the other player get hurt when you're spinning, make the player face the target player only when they're really close to each other, and make long and flat levels for those gametypes. Although if you think your levels would make a great addition, let me know.
  • The Statistics page works now. All I ever needed was to have a level header's TypeOfLevel to include Single Player. It only records your time if you're Time Attacking, though. I never really noticed how it wouldn't record if you weren't in Time Attack. Either that or it's just the exe.
  • Story Mode will be in, but the cutscenes will start once all the characters and levels are done.
  • In addition to Story Mode, cutscenes were disabled in Netgames and Multiplayer. The biggest change is that I disabled Custom Exits in Netgames as well, so that in Story mode, you could jump from the Night Chase level to the Metal City level, following the Story that I have planned.
  • Rails, Bumpers, and Bustable Blocks are only for their perspective type, and give out rings when being used. The Bustable block used to cause major lag in software mode after being busted, and it was probably because the rocks didn't seem to disappear, or at least it seems like they don't. So I set the last sprite to be S_DISS. I still haven't figured out how to make then reappear.
  • While trying to remove the Speed Pad's flashing off, I ended up making the rail work just like the SPMoves version of the rail. All rails need to have the Passuse flag on, or you'll be stuck in the middle of the rail until you jump off.
  • As you can see in those screenshots, I moved the LAP counter to the left. I also added the player's SPEED to the bottom-right corner. Since the top speed is normally around 70, I multiplied it by 3. The only downside is that some Zoom Tubes gives you either a high value or a high negative value, but it'll go away once you step out. I also removed the Air Tank font and added NiGHTS' spinning ring, once I found out how to bring the ring counter on top. And lastly, I added a LAP XX cecho in the middle of the screen. It'd be better if it used the Level Font instead, but I couldn't figure that one out.
  • Numlaps (number of laps) has a limit of 3, and it's by default as well. And before, you could cheat by using a bind to set the laps to 0 for a milisecond to finish the race, so now the only way to win is by clearing at least 3 laps.
  • Fly types are cool now. They use Tails' flying code to launch from one Bumper into another.
  • Super Sonic is even cooler. ...maybe not that much. Right now, all the sectors where the Player starts are now a Super Sonic Transform sector. He doesn't really transform back into normal Sonic when walking or standing, but just turns blue again. In fact, there's no Super Sprites, so he just turns yellow when running, etc. Other than that, he's able to grind, fly, and crush boulders. His superstats were removed, since there were parts of the level he cheated on. Mostly springs. The ring drainer was also removed. So the only way he's cool is the way he's able to have all 3 powers without a faster ring drain.
  • The HUD now changes to the color you're in, thanks to Draykon (I couldn't figure it out before). The only downside is it only works for green skins. So I'll either have to recolor Knuckles and give him the Angry Yellow Socks, make Sonic's shades blue, and change Eggman's green stripes to yellow, or find out where that Thok code is.
  • The menu now comes with two extra sounds. Just like Sonic Riders, you get a different sound when you press the Enter key and the Escape key. It seems like you could also use Backspace as the Esc key as well, but I didn't added the sound to that.
  • The normal Single player is back, and Time Attack doesn't make the background black after finishing the race. And I tried removing the Easy/Hard menu, but it was too confusing at the time.
  • Just like you've seen on the Zelda mod, I've moved a few frames around so the unused ones could be used. Here's the list of the frames being used in the Riders mod:

-- Jumping Frames are now the Ability frames. Speed skins can have a grinding animation, Fly skins can have either a flying or running animation, and Power skins can have a punching animation. Unlike the other two, once the punching animation reaches 4, it goes back to the running animation.

-- Gasp frame is now the Jumping frame. In order to get it to work, you have to have nojumpspin on your skin. The frame is nothing more than the character grabbing the board with one hand, although I haven't made one for any character.

-- Just like you've seen before, the Super frames, which consist of the Flying/Tired and Gliding/Climbing combo, are the trick frames. Only now they have the Falling frames to go along, so it can be a total of 8 trick frames. They're mainly used to spin in a circle, doing whatever trick you want them to do.
  • Draykon gave me the option to use P_Thrust instead of _InstaThrust, so that you could have acceleration. But just like he warned me, it was actually really slippery, and you could barely notice the acceleration. Kinda like the first riders.soc. So I ended up making the normal uber run for race only, and made a slower uber run for any other gametype. If I tried to add a new Level Header option, the entire game will glitch out. So you still go uber-fast in Flame's Sonic R levels.
  • The boosting code that Draykon made was removed at first, since it usually shot you to the left or right, but it was put back on some weeks later. Before, it only used the SRB2 spin, which you couldn't really control, only it didn't slow you down. Once I added the original code back in, I think the removal of the spinning friction fixed MOST of the boosting's random shots. And by most, I mean now you sometimes get a tiny push to the left, which doesn't affect the race at all. And you can't actually 'feel' the extra speed in Race, only in the slower gametypes. Boosting also works only when you're running, so now you won't be spinning when walking or when you're on a spring.
  • NiGHTS Bumpers were turned invinsible, and NiGHTS Hoops were disabled and placed in their spots. This gives me an excuse to not make an Air Ring sprite. Plus NiGHTS Hoops are cool.
  • Once you finish the race, you stop running. It was getting annoying to continue racing after you finished.

Misc
  • I tried adding the color Black, but there's a limit of only 15 colors, including 'None'. Trying to change it to 16 will be ignored, even when recompiling the whole exe. Trying to remove 'None' crashed the Exe. And when I tried to simply add the color to the bottom of the list, Gold got replaced by Black. So at the end, I tried replacing White, since it had no real shading, and Black came out with no shading either. Maybe it's a bug that happens to the color 13, I don't know. Black had shading when it replaced Gold and back in v1.08. I left it there, anyways.
  • I added a new Pallete to the mod and a matching colormap for software users. Using the pallete that's meant for 1.1, I replaced the old purple with the new one, starting with the one after the last yellow and before reaching the very last color. I also replaced the ugly pink manually by using a real Amy picture, and using the gradient option. The reason why I decided to keep it was because it had no real side effect on any map. The only ones that did were any non-rider levels that had transparent water and was using a colormap. So any new map that just HAS to have transparent water needs to be without its blue colormap.

To-do list
  • I was thinking of changing the Air Tank to use Points instead of Rings, so that it's like a real Air Tank, but I haven't made up my mind. If I do, we could use Lives as your level-ups.
  • Another idea would be to make the slower uber run for maps with Adventure mode on, and to disable everything Adventure mode offers. I really haven't bothered doing that yet.
  • I still haven't really found where to set it so whenever you respawn, the rings won't reset. I found one where it changes whenever you die, but you still respawn with 0 rings. It'd be the same thing with letting Super Sonic keep his superness when respawning, but all starpost sectors already have the Transform code without the need for SUPERTRANS1.
  • Trying to add a skin's ability to the Player Select menu is too much for me. Anything that's new just keeps giving me new errors, and it seems like I need to define it to a bunch of other files. I'll see if I can do it again some other time.

Yeah... I've done a lot. It was stressfull, but fun. I actually had no help at all, and wound up making all of this. And this is just the Source Code.

LAUNCHER

I finally finished the launcher that I had saved here for months. It was made in MMF1. I never bothered getting v2.0, and the Extension that opens external files has a limited parameter size. If it exceeds the limit, it will erase the whole parameter line without telling you. So this launcher isn't that powerfull as I had it before.

• The Main Menu has the option of playing in Single Player or MultiPlayer. SP just disables everything here. MP lets you choose the character and the color, as shown in the Extreme Gear above. You can also advertise if you want. If it wasn't limited, I could of added the Join, Maxplayers, and all the other nesesary stuff.
  • The Options Menu only contains Software/Opengl and Music/SFX/Off. It used to had Windowed mode and Manual Resolution, but the resolution line was too long, and there's no point in having windowed mode if you're gonna play in OpenGL mode, since chances are you have SRB2 with a resolution bigger than 640X400 as the default.

If someone has a better extension than "File", let me know. I'll be able to make the launcher as powerfull as the Netlauncher.

LEVELS

All maps have a bit of scenery added to it. Some railings are decreased and moved so they can be faster (like the long one in Splash Canyon), and have a small ramp so that you won't have to try to jump and land on top of it. Bumpers were spread out, and I added a few more Bustable FOFs.

• Heroes Stages

Metal City
    I added more billboards just like the ones in Sonic Riders. Like the one with the inverted blue Sonic, for example. The ramp before the Tower was redone to be just like the original, meaning it's smaller. You have less chance of falling off, and if you do, you'll go down into the death pit.

Splash Canyon
    This level was remade. Not from scratch, though. I took a screenshot of The original level's map HUD, and kept Alt-Tabbing between that and Doom Builder. Now the level is spread out and made higher. A bit of miscelaneous software glitches for the level being too long, but they're not that bad.

Egg Factory
    Just some more slopes, more invinsible FOFs for the new THZRAILs, made the level dark so that the lava can be seen bright, and moved the big ramp south to make way for the Start's new ramp. I also fixed the Zoom Tube here so that you won't need the Speed Pad at the end.

Green Cave
    I haven't touched this level yet, but there's gonna be some more slopes, and I'm thinking of recoloring some textures to make the place feel more green.

Sand Ruins
    A bunch of ripped textures are in, and some scenery here and there. The actual level has a few better stuff in.

Babylon Garden
    The Zoom Tube was fixed a bit. And I removed some FOFs from the big start ramp and brought down the ceiling. It's still a bit laggy, but it's playable. Sort of like playing BSZ in software mode, Medium or High.

Digital Dimension
    An invinsible FOF was added at the bottom of the first slope, and the last sectors were turned into Non-ramp sectors, so people won't go flying off into the death pit for no reason. The Zoom Tube was removed, and in its place is a ramp. I still need to make it longer, though.

STjr Carnival
    I stopped working on this level a few days or weeks after the last Riders release, and finished it off a few days ago. There's still no items or real scenery, just the main level. You go through either small or tiny paths from GFZ 1 and 2, and do the same thing in THZ and CEZ.
  • Babylon Stages

I haven't touched them, but I'm thinking of making them bigger, and probably add the Ability stuff in. Yes, there's gonna be a Sky Road, a Babylon Guardian (probably without the boss), and yes, STjr Illusion. It's gonna be from all the Bonus Stages, like Mario and NiGHTS, although I haven't planned how the level's gonna be yet. Aside from the Guardian stage, just 2 more final levels.
  • Mirror Cup

Once all the levels are done, I'll flip them all so that we can have the first unlockable.

There's still tons of stuff I have to do to the levels. As you can see, it's not even half done. And if that weren't bad enough...

CHARACTERS

• The boards always seem too tiny for me, so I resized them 25% more. The boards are now as tall as the average character. To be the exact size as compared to the boards in Sonic Rider would be too big. It could be that they just need to be thin or thick, but I don't feel like respriting.

SonicRider
He's the only one besides Eggman who has the complete trick frames set. I haven't really done any real spriting lately.

TailsRider
The only thing he has is a set of temporary flight frames. Only the PLAY_5 set has his Tails spinning counterclockwise when flying. I'm planning on letting his tails go straight out instead of up and down when running.

KnuxRider
The only thing he has done is his board, and I haven't resized them yet. Making him walk is no big, I just don't really feel like it yet.

AmyRider
I don't really care about her anymore. The only good thing I did for her was fix the pink pallete so she wouldn't look ugly. If you feel like finishing her (I'LL BEGIN), then you'll need to change the purple with Pink. XWE has a recolor option, but Neo said that Photoshop has a similar thing to that, but I can't find it anywhere. The pink is gonna look too dark and ugly, so you should probably recolor her at the last minute.

EggmanRider
He's done. The trick frames are a bit hard to see what he's doing, but it's there.

JetRider
I've only done the standing frames without the board. That's it. Just wanted to check if it would come out horrible, yet my spriting skills showed me he wasn't.

Rouge, Wave, and Storm
I haven't made them, but they're considered. The two girls are the reason why I need the new purple.

Looks like I have a ton of sprites to edit. Not only do I have to fix the levels, but I have to do more than 300 sprites. In other words, it's just another easy but stressful task for me.

Release date? Not even close. Once I start working on the cutscenes, I may be able to think of a release date. But trying to think of one now, would probably be on February or March. That is, if I haven't completely given up on wadding.

Chaos Zero 64 said:

FREAKIN' YEAH!!! Go CZ64! Good luck. The STJr Carnival stage = UBER EPICNESS!

EDIT: Took out the stuff about the Sonic R levels (I didn't read your post, CZ64) and the moderators and oldbies doing mods thing.

i remeber making a, Mightyrider, Jetrider and rouge rider, and somthing else, want me to sprite any more tricks for you? and some Match stages perhapes?

As for the bustable blocks lagging, that can happen with any bustable block. The thing items that come out of the block are directly proportional to the space inside it, although I really don't know anything exact. I try to make my bustable blocks only about 32 units thick, and only as tall as they need to be.

Wait, you're using bustable blocks as the Knuckles cars/things, aren't you. You're asking for lag, then. D:

You didn't even read the rest of it. I set the bustable frames to disappear as soon as it reaches the 4th frame. Now in software mode, you can break as much bustable FOFs of any size as you want and get absolutely no lag.

Besides, unlike some people, I beta test all my stuff. I wouldn't try to fix something without even testing it first.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
After Draykon made sure the Speed Pads (w/ Spin) and the NiGHTS Bumpers worked only for skins with ability 0 and 1, disabled lives, set up a ring limit, added 2 frames to the trick frames, and after making the HUD color-friendly, he stopped working on it again.

Yeah, I suck, I know. But what with a couple programming competitions, my writing, NiGHTS 2, and Sonic Sailor Moon, I've been dealing with alot of stuff. It sounds like you've gotten alot done without me though, which makes me feel a bit better.

Also, I recommend using the flag once used by Chaos mode for "Slow 'n Slippery mode". It's easily accessable, and already mostly disabled.

About the thing with making them only face the target when they're close, try using P_ApproxDist. I have no idea how to use it though; you'll have to look in on that.

Are you making STJR Carnival? YAY! GO CZ64! YOU ROCK! But why the website don't work more? I think you don't use the website anymore.

About the HUD, I remember how Turtle Man gave out a code for it to change colors, so I went back a few pages to look for it. Since it was different than the one Draykon made, I tried adding it in. It took a while, but now, skins won't have to be green. The HUD now changes colors to match any skin, including the red Knuckles and Eggman.

Really looking forward to playing this.

As for match, how about an endurance track, where the players race down an area filled with obstacles. If they die enough times, they will be dropped out of the game, last player standing wins. You could also use weapons to throw the opponent off which is where the match capabilities come in. Homing would have to be made faster and far more loose, Rail would have to have only a few shots rather than a timer, Auto would have to be shorter and Bomb could clear obstacles if possible.

With that said, it would be nice if it was impossible to get a game over in a race. In real race games, falling off the track is either impossible or just a disadvantage, not something that could make you no longer able to participate after a while. I think I've already suggested that be included in Vanilla SRB2 though, but I'm hoping this is going to come out sooner than 1.1.

Also I'd love to see a ring race of sorts, where getting the most rings by the time you win or better yet being the first to reach a certain number of rings might be a fun alternative to an impossible CTF gametype.

Lives are already disabled. They only work in COOP instead of RACE || COOP.

Right now, like I said before, I made the Air Tank be powered by Score Points. After that, I used the Lives as the current Level.

You start off at Level 1, with the score having a limit of 33. Level 2's air limit is 66, and Level 3 is 100.

Only now I forgot about Super Sonic. I already erased all the ring code. I got a backup, but I'll have to do this all over again.

I found two little glitches here. I as riding around Digital Dimension when this happenned. I was stuck! So, I had to start over. Here is a screenshot.

I missed my ticket up.

Another glitch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back