SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they want Cheese too, I mean, There isn't any command to remove Cheese when changing characters, but you can simply use the TOGGLECHEESE command

Okay, this is awesome.

The new trick frames are nice. I especially like Tails'. But Wave's spine things are too stuck down. The new type pathgs are cool and Mario Kart plays nicely. I haven't played much of Sonic R yet, but I plan to play it a bit more. I think this is very awesome at the moment. =D

DAMN IT, why did I have to see this at school, my impatience is overpowering me!!!
I can't wait to try this, and I will start adding way points to my levels, but 2 months until the port, seriously?!?!?

Wow, just wow.. Sonic Mario Kart 2 (lol) Is just awesome, I love how the karts look and the weapons, how to forget the weapons. Just awesome! Amazing as always CZ64.

Okay, a big glitch. In 1280x800, the mini-map doesn't actually have the characters in them. They're somewhere in the middle of the screen and they have a bigger radius. Is it just me?

Violo said:
Okay, a big glitch. In 1280x800, the mini-map doesn't actually have the characters in them. They're somewhere in the middle of the screen and they have a bigger radius. Is it just me?

I have the same problem too. But I pretty much don't care for it.

I've been having a problem trying to refresh the Master Server list on the SRB2Riders Netgame Launcher. Everytime I try to refresh it, it says I don't have the mserv.dll. I did a quick search and there is no sign of the DLL. Where could I find this?

Awesome, major improvement in the levels and stuff.
A few things though: Why was Amy standing still through all of them?
You only have the beta of Dusty Dunes, the better Srb2Riders 1.46.4 version will be released soon along with my next level.
Better Mario Kart engine, better how every type of level is different (Riders version, MK version and R version)

Keep up the good work!

I found some glitches~

1. Peach's Castle - Checkpoint not going off when asked. The checkpoint at the big jump part dosen't go off properly. (Pic)
2. The Desert One (Babylon Ver.) - I was stuck at this part on the speed ramp (Pic)
3. The Desert One (Original Ver.) - Some CPU's can't get past this part of sand. (Pic) (I was F12ing here.)

for the being stuck on the rail in Dark Desert (or whatever it is...) I found that too except a CPU got stuck so waiting for the results screen took forever.

Out of curiosity, could I get the source to the latest version of this? The version on the public SVN is severely out of date, and I haven't seen a link to the source anywhere in here.

Okay, i have alot of things to write about this update, and im gonna put this on categories!

Stuff i found awesome/epic:
- Improvement of everything! All 3 race modes are as epic as god itself!
- An improved JTEBots without any random crashes!
- New camera system makes this game even more awesome!
- 3 diffirent race gimmicks, on 3 diffirent race modes!
- 56 levels of endless possibilities of racing!
- Ability to have Chip, Cheese, Birdie float on your back as freely, as coloring your char on MP!
- And so on!

Stuff i noticed/found weird:
- I was in Ice factory, i screwed up times, and suddenly died with the countdown being at 0. I first thought is a glitch, but then realized that i need to be in 1st to advance to the next map!
- When switching to Cream, Cream has a Cheese on her automatically, but when switching to a diffirent char, Cheese is still there! Also, there's no auto Chip for Sonic, and no auto Birdie for Amy!
- When i go in Match mode, and switch to Sapphire falls or Thunder citadel, i see a completely revamped flat stages with lotsa air monitors. I assume this is a battle mode for riders, but we are in R mode! Why is that?

Glitches/problems i found:
- In Peach Castle (MK mode), the part where we do the big jump near the finish line, the checkpoint is only activatable, by touching the checkpoint itself!
- When countdowntime is up in nights mode, players who didnt finished the map gets back to walking, and the game spams like crazy saying: "PLAYER HAS RAN OUT OF TIME"
- This mod TOTALLY ignores autoexec.cfg, which is bad, because my computer owner's name contains a letter, which doesn't supported by the game, and makes me c-fail immidietly! (in short, this is the "sent bad name change" c-fail) This is actually fixable, with touching the riders.cfg file everytime when i want to start the game, and also fixable with the launcher, but... (see next glitch/problem)
- When i try to refresh the Master server on the launcher, it says: "Runtime error '53': file not found: mserv.dll". Is it okay to search this dll file from google?
- The game crashes without a reason, when we have a MK map running!

In overall:
This mod is about opening new door, by proving that EVERYTHING is possible for SRB2, and also opens a door of the future of SRB2! In short, this is beyind epicness and awesomeness

CZ64, and all the others, who helped making this masterpiece:
We don't need three useless image macros, thanks.
EDIT1: Well...umm...anyways, you guys rock!!!

I couldn't upload the code before cause I added new files, but Alam told me how to do it. I was still on break, so I did it this morning, MattW.

For the missing DLL file, you can get it on Oogaland's old netgame launcher page, here:
http://fanmade.emulationzone.org/gregorsoft/launcher.htm

And I added a new autoexec, called autoridexec.cfg. Senku came up with the idea of it.

And in Mario Kart mode, I'm guessing that the crash is related to the Red Shell. If it hits someone, there's a slight chance the game will crash. I modified the homing ring a bit, so that should explain the crash.

J-town said:
I found some glitches~

1. Peach's Castle - Checkpoint not going off when asked. The checkpoint at the big jump part dosen't go off properly. (Pic)
2. The Desert One (Babylon Ver.) - I was stuck at this part on the speed ramp (Pic)
3. The Desert One (Original Ver.) - Some CPU's can't get past this part of sand. (Pic) (I was F12ing here.)
Aslo at the last pic look on the. They are two sonic.

Impressive stuff as usual. If I may make a couple suggestions, the Sonic R maps should be scaled to 150% or something; I'd also like for the grand prix to allow players to progress to the next map without getting first place, because the way it's set up right now is just frustrating.

That happens, it's no big deal really. IRRC, the bots are set to always show up as sonic, tails, knux, amy, cream, jet, wave. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back