Votes: 0 0.0%
  • n00bs!?!?!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz16

Hey Eveybody,

Well, I was thinking, and if it already happend..sorry. But you know G4's Attack of the show? Well, on fridays, they have Freeplay Friday, which shows off random fangames. (but you probably already knew that.) But lemme get to the point. If Mario Blue Twilight got on, Why don't we tell them about SRB2?

PROs
1.) It would draw in new players...
2.) The games popularity would go up...
3.)It would benefit the SRB2 community...
4.) They would give it a rating.

CONs

1.) It would also draw in n00bs...
2.)And...you might get angry letters explaining why they think SRB2 is illegal...

But lets think of the PROs!

So...lemme know. If it's already been on an other channel...so what? It will still get more popular!

www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/features/51537/Free_Play_Friday.html

Well, Adios!

-Spaz

I wouldn't mind getting extra publicity, as long as at least half of the new people are intelligent.
Then again, I'm not exactly in charge of that. :X

Sounds interesting, except I don't get G4, so I couldn't watch it. But then again, my capabilities have never seemed to count for anything, so I suppose it's a good idea.

I dunno, I fear for the community growing too large. And I believe Mystic (?) said that SRB2 spreads well enough by word-of-mouth.

I would agree, but there's still a lot lacking in SRB2. At least currently. Unless you asked them to evaluate it along with, say, Mystic Realm, advertise it being open-source, note the community, the tons of addons, and has Hardware rendering, while unsupported, making it that much better. SRB2 on its own won't cut it.

true on that dark.

telling that with a bunch of addons would be good. and that it is a incompleate game would keep some of the noobs away.

If this does happen I'd try to make sure that they stress "do not join the forums if you can't use good grammer, and follow the rules". This is an awesome idea but I'm not sure if the possible overflow of noobs would put extra strain on the admins which could possibly hinder the games development. Ultimatly this is a good idea. I support the idea but the noob overflow could get annoying.

One of the problems of SRB2 being shown to the public is the fact that theres lot of music tracks that are owned by SEGA, such as Metal Harbor, Spring Valley(and the Xmas one), and possibly the Xmas tracks used when your in Xmas mode.

Would having those tracks in SRB2's music.dta be considered "illegal?"

FireLaserbeam said:
One of the problems of SRB2 being shown to the public is the fact that theres lot of music tracks that are owned by SEGA, such as Metal Harbor, Spring Valley(and the Xmas one), and possibly the Xmas tracks used when your in Xmas mode.

Would having those tracks in SRB2's music.dta be considered "illegal?"

Maybe, but the whole game is "illegal". Besides, those are for maps you've gotta unlock and stuff.

And DarkWarrior, I think SRB2 on it's own would be fine. I'd also rather not see OpenGL running on a broadcast. That'll be cause for pull in 1.1.

SSNTails said:
Maybe, but the whole game is "illegal". Besides, those are for maps you've gotta unlock and stuff.

And DarkWarrior, I think SRB2 on it's own would be fine. I'd also rather not see OpenGL running on a broadcast. That'll be cause for pull in 1.1.

What else in SRB2 is "illegal?" Also, you could easily remove those tracks. Do yo really need Metal Harbor music anyway? Just have SA-Example with no music :P. As for Spring Valley and its Xmas counter part, maybe you can find a remix online. If the Xmas musics are illegal, just remove them, no one cares for them.

SRB2 is a fangame. By definition, fangames are copyright infringment. Now, generally, SEGA has not done anything to fangame projects, so it's generally considered acceptable to make fangames based on Sonic. However, at any time, SEGA could come here, give us a cease and desist, and shut us down, and they would be 100% correct in saying that they have the right to do it. However, SEGA has not expressed an interest in shutting us down, and you can take that to mean whatever you'd like. They CAN, though.

Since it's already copyright infringment, a few ripped songs from the source material just doesn't matter all that much.

Technically, G4 doesn't care if it's a fan game. They make a whole segment on it every friday. So who cares? Mario Blue Twilight got on. Ask Blaze about that! In fact, maybe he could help us. Then again, I haven't seen him in forever. But if anyone an get in contact with him (MYSTIC...) then we can make this happen. And I agree that we should explain in the letter that no n00bs are allowed. ( Look who's talking... ) Anyway, for those who don't know why I'm bringing Blaze into this, check out his awesome game, Super Mario Blue Twilight DX. I don't know where the hell his site is anymore, so good luck finding it.

SPAZ16 WROTE:

( i know..... Quote button is my friend.)

1.) It would also draw in n00bs...
2.)And...you might get angry letters explaining why they think SRB2 is illegal...
CONs

Getting into contact with Blaze shouldn't be hard. He's probably in #srb2 on rizon.

I talk to Blaze everyday, but he can't do a thing to help us. It's not like he's good friends with the people at G4 now just because his fangame got up on AotS.

What I meant was he could tell us how to submit the game and give us tips. I didn't mean he could talk to the guys, one of us will do that. We just need tips....and where the hell we enter the game on the site! I looked, and I don't see anything on how to submit a game, but then again, I didn't look very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back