SRB2 Noclip disabled on multiplayer. Thoughts?

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
What are your thoughts on Noclip being disabled on multiplayer (and extra: remember when using noclip you cound still save)

I'm generally of the opinion that players shouldn't be able to cheat online in general. Addons are fine for the most part, things like levels, characters, music, even cheats that are tied to an addon and only work with it loaded. Cheats built into the game itself however, or even worse clientside cheats like what happened back when SMS Unleashed first came out should be avoided as much as possible online, to keep things fair for all involved.

Noclip in particular has a number of uses that a player could use to their advantage, especially in PvP gametypes. Paired up with godmode, it could be especially unfair.

I'm generally of the opinion that players shouldn't be able to cheat online in general. ...Noclip in particular has a number of uses that a player could use to their advantage, especially in PvP gametypes. Paired up with godmode, it could be especially unfair.
Do you know how some commands can only be done by the author of the server, like enabling the max player count or wheather u can change ur avatar, that's what I mean

I don't really see the point in noclip other than in hangout servers to derp around in the skybox or get to places faster... So no, I would be against it being disabled other than in other gametypes, but to be honest, I've never seen anyone using it in coop.

Completely pointless and counterproductive. All devmode features/cheats need to be unrestricted. Having them disabled in multiplayer only serves to make it more difficult for bugs to be tested in an online setting. Moreover, most restrictions can be bypassed with lua, so the restriction only serves to add an extra step before server hosts can cheat.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back