SRB2 Music similarities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolt

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I tried using search and I found nothing of the sort.

Well, I was listening through some old Sonic soundtracks earlier today and came across something strange. A song named 'Theme of Sonic & Knuckles' on the 'Virtual Sonic' soundtrack had parts of it that sounded exacly like the Robo Blast 2 theme. Now, i'm not trying to say 'omgawd teh SRB2 muzik copeed!11' here. Just found it rather interesting, wether it's sheer coinsidence or you guys just decided to take inspiration from it. You can hear the resemblence more later on in the song, which was composed by Howard Drossin (the same guy whom composed the Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles music... I think >_>.)

For those who don't know what i'm on about, here is a link where you can listen to the song,
http://downloads.ffshrine.org/sound...rtual_Sonic/06_-_sonic_and_knuckles_theme.mp3

That sounds very little like the Sonic 3 theme.

That aside, alot of SRB2 reminds me of S3&K. What with the going super in normal stages, the Hyper Sonic easter egg, and the special abilities from shields. It likely took alot of inspiration from it.

Yes, the SRB2 theme is from Virtual Sonic. We actually didn't know about it until about 2 years later, hahaha. David Bulmer never told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back