SRB2: Mac is done-HIT 2000 DOWNLOADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostgame

Download Link

Hey, guys. Lostgame here.

Well, this is a combination of many things, for the mac part, it's a combination of Logan's code and mine, a bizzare hybrid-but here are the facts.

System requirements:

I've tested it and guarantee it to work on the following:

iBook G3 900 Mhz, 384 MB RAM, 10.4.6
Mac Mini G4, 1.25 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 10.4.6
iMac G4 (round base), 800 Mhz, 256 MB RAM, 10.3.9 (slightly laggy at times)

So, it seems to work on a variety of hardware, which is good.

If you have questions regarding compiling this from the official source, don't look at me, I'll just hand you mine. =P

This works with LAN netplay with other macs and windows.

I have not yet tested online netplay. I would appreciate comments in that area, though I am sure it will be fine.

Thanks, guys.

-Nic "Lostgame" Newman

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at: "nic@thechaoseffect.ca"

By the by...

Pin plz?

My mac to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's slow only 500mhz limited memory 256mb and it may beable to be a test subject.... I read you stuff but at least I can try.

Thank God for the mac version. There's this girl who wanted to play it on our G5s at school. Now she can. :P

Someone check InuYasha's IP. Guardian of Darkness has the same website.

Alright, peoples, there was an error with the first version. If you've already downloaded it, let me know, I'll send you the fixed files, if not, I'm uploading the fix now, it'll be done in 20 minutes as of this post.

EDIT:

Comments:

"Preforms very nicely."
"[Runs the] Same as on my Windows PC with an ATI 9800 Pro."
"Well Its nice to gave a Mac port"

Wont run

I am on a Intel Mac 1.83Ghz and SRB2 will not open, bounces in the dock, then closes. Thanks in advance

Re: Wont run

iBatman said:
I am on a Intel Mac 1.83Ghz and SRB2 will not open, bounces in the dock, then closes. Thanks in advance
well, then Lostgame would have to build a universal binary

Honestly. If Apple had a brain they would have gone with AMD instead of Intel. AMD is faster and cheaper than Intel, and there's proof of it on the internet.

Re: Wont run

iBatman said:

In the Zip file, there is a file called "Archive.zip", and a readme called "IMPORTANT", follow those, then get back to me.

Universal binary coming soon.

Got it to work on Intel Mac, stupidity on my part. I forgot to take the 3 framework files out of the archive folder. I just put the entire folder in the frameworks folder. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back