SRB2 Linux - Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently switched over to linux, and I was wondering... Where is the SRB2 linux distrobution? Could somebody point me to a link to a 1.09.4 binary?

The SVN binary (doesn't work with 4a...) is available via Alam. Even if you find a 4a binary, good luck with it since there's a bug between GCC (which most of the stuff is compiled in) and Visual C++ (which is what .4/4a is compiled in) netplay, doesn't work properly, sadly. I'm trying to convince SSN to use GCC and just GCC...).
Why do you think I don't have a .4a dedicated server up yet? Because it's a GCC build!

Just like everything with Linux, you have to compile it yourself. :)

I think SRB2 *will* run under wine, you just have to use -nodigmusic . Haven't tried it myself though.

I heard lots of times that SRB2 runs under Wine. Download the lastest version of Wine, lastly it's starting to be able to run a lot more of programs than you would expect it being able to run o_o'

Okay, I have WINE and I have SRB2 installed. I haven't used the -nodigmusic (Oh yay, MIDI music -_-'). As a startup SRB2, it says it cannot find SRB2.SRB. I've looked, and it's in there. I'm redownloading just incase, and once I'm done, I'll try nodigmusic.

EDIT: Got it to work. Although it's not what I would call "usable." The music is horribly distorted, and I can't use -nodigmusic to get the MIDI music (It crashes.), it very unstable (Crashes on random times.), and my joypad doesn't work ._.

I'll probably just install into onto a Windows 98 virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back