SRB2 Linux Packages/Repos for RPM-based and DEB-based

Yes. I updated both of my computers. They both run Fedora 13 x86
with a Win32 counterpart. One is Win7, the other is WinXP.
One was a fresh install, the other an upgrade from 2.0.4.

Installed packages :
srb2 - 2.0.6-4 (i686)
srb2-data - 2.0.6-1 (noarch)
srb2-repository - 1-1 (noarch)

Without any changes, they both MD5-sum quit the first run. On one of them, I pulled rings.wpn from my Windows install,
and proceeded to run just fine, minus mouselook. The other, well, I just got lazy and didn't fix it. =P

EDIT : I forgot to mention I attempted the -mousegrab thing that Alam suggested, it didn't work, and I tried every possible other way I knew of.
EDIT2 : I don't know how I screwed up, but now I have mouselook back!
EDIT3 : Nope. Don't have it back T_T

I see. I will have a proper look at my RPM packages after school.

Oh, and one MORE thing, when is the speed part of tunes going to be fixed?
I love setting tunes at 1.5 speed, and listen to them :D
(Plus, tune 1046 at 1.5 speed is hilarious, and I would like it back!)

Oh, and one MORE thing, when is the speed part of tunes going to be fixed?
I love setting tunes at 1.5 speed, and listen to them :D
(Plus, tune 1046 at 1.5 speed is hilarious, and I would like it back!)

SDL_Mixer does not have an API for setting the music playback speed

Where to find directions for 64 bit ubuntu?

I've followed the instructions on the download page for ubuntu but no dice. I get a 404 error and it does not load. Are there instructions specific to ubuntu 64 bit? If so where? Thanks.

You may or may not know this already, but SRB2 is in the AUR. It's been up there for a while now actually, but for various reasons I didn't want to make an account, so I never posted about it.

Oh, that's nice to know. HAPPY, Blitzzo?

EDIT: Fixed the 64-bit Debian/Ubuntu repository, forgot to modify the package information building script to also check the amd64 packages.

Last edited:
EDIT: Fixed the 64-bit Debian/Ubuntu repository, forgot to modify the package information building script to also check the amd64 packages.

Thanks for the quick fix. It installed and appears to be working fine. Now I can get my game fix on ;)

update on ubuntu

The ubuntu version seems to crash on every resolution. It's probably my machine I guess
toshiba satellite
amd athlon x2-dual core
Ati Radeon graphics
Ubuntu Lucid

Are there any trouble shooting guides I could browse through?

As a side note, the windows version works fine on ubuntu lucid through "wine windows program loader" but of course that has to be loaded separately on every user account (I have not found a way to make a single installation through wine system wide) and I have not studied the difference between "wine" and "wine windows program loader" nor how to create a launcher that specificies the "wine windows program loader" versus just simply "wine". Plus I am not a linux expert. I'm sure that limits me also

Thanks in advance for any links for troubleshooting ubuntu and/or hardware specific issues.

Does this happen if you put it in windowed mode?

I had a problem on mine that a res change would crash X,
and my dad helped me do something to GRUB that fixed it.

The ubuntu version seems to crash on every resolution. It's probably my machine I guess
toshiba satellite
amd athlon x2-dual core
Ati Radeon graphics
Ubuntu Lucid

Are there any trouble shooting guides I could browse through?

As a side note, the windows version works fine on ubuntu lucid through "wine windows program loader" but of course that has to be loaded separately on every user account (I have not found a way to make a single installation through wine system wide) and I have not studied the difference between "wine" and "wine windows program loader" nor how to create a launcher that specificies the "wine windows program loader" versus just simply "wine". Plus I am not a linux expert. I'm sure that limits me also

Thanks in advance for any links for troubleshooting ubuntu and/or hardware specific issues.

Change the video depth in $HOME/.srb2/config.cfg to something higher than "8 bits" (16 bits or 32 bits).

Hi guys. Unfortunately, the SRB2 Linux repositories could not be saved due to the SRB2.org hard drive failure and insufficient backup capacity, so this will be down for a little while. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but you can imagine what kind of a PITA this is for me I hope. >_>

Change the video depth in $HOME/.srb2/config.cfg to something higher than "8 bits" (16 bits or 32 bits).

Your last post reminded me to post on this. I tried both 16 bit and 32 bit and it still cuts out. It also maintains total control of the system while it does run. I.e., even in windowed mode I cannot change volume or switch to another app for any reason.

The windows version runs fine using wine but it does not offer "windowed" mode. I can, however, use the printscreen button to force it to minimize and allow me access to other windows. I can also run force it to run in a window through wine. I cannot create a link/launcher/shortcut that will use the wine "windows program launcher" to launch the program, which is a wine specific problem.

So for now I am using wine to run the program since the native linux version will randomly, suddenly quit/shutdown in the middle of play in all but the smallest of resolutions (so far), I'm wondering if it has something to do with video driver compatability but not sure.

Sorry to hear about the hard drive failure. My regards.

Well...
Have you tried lspci in the console to be sure that Linux recongnizes your card?
(This is a Just in Case thing, Linux should know a Radeon card.)
Also, have you tried the ATI Catalyst Driver Installer, so that you can be sure you have proper drivers, since if it can't find a real driver for it, it'll use a generic (Not very good) driver.

Well...
Have you tried lspci in the console to be sure that Linux recongnizes your card?
(This is a Just in Case thing, Linux should know a Radeon card.)
Also, have you tried the ATI Catalyst Driver Installer, so that you can be sure you have proper drivers, since if it can't find a real driver for it, it'll use a generic (Not very good) driver.
Well I have tried the hardware driver installer in -->System-->Administration-->Hardware drivers. I found this through googling "Post installation guides" for Ubuntu and understood the guide to mean that this thing installs the proprietary ATI graphics drivers.

I should also note that I have found that the GPU and CPU share the same heatsink, I have also found posts on major problems of this type of setup overheating, which I also experience without external cooling help. I have tried to install the newest linux kernel that ubuntu supports but of course the drivers found listed above would not install after the upgrade so I had to remove the new kernel and revert to the old one. I might try to find this catalyst driver installer from ATI and see if I can install the new kernel and then the ATI driver and see if this works.

I have run lspci in the console and it appears that it recognizes the graphics card (near the bottom of the list)

Here is the output.:
Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 Host Bridge
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (int gfx)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 0)
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 1)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 2)
00:07.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] RS780 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 3)
00:11.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
00:12.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:12.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700 USB OHCI1 Controller
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 3a)
00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 IDE Controller
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SB700/SB800 LPC host controller
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Mobile K10 [Turion X2, Athlon X2, Sempron] HyperTransport Configuration (rev 40)
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 11h [Turion X2, Athlon X2, Sempron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Mobile K10 [Turion X2, Athlon X2, Sempron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Mobile K10 [Turion X2, Athlon X2, Sempron] Miscellaneous Control
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Mobile K10 [Turion X2, Athlon X2, Sempron] Link Control
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS780MC [Radeon HD 3100 Graphics]
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

My system has the AMD AThlon X2 (64 bit) controller with the ATI Radeon 3100 graphics card and 3GB shared ram (shared between system and graphics)

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Also I see tags of "proud user of srb2 linux". does that mean srb2 has it's own flavor of linux or does is just indicate the linux release of srb2 game? Thanks :)

Last edited:
I'm an Ubuntu user, and I can't get the game.

When I try I get this.

darren@DIGIT:~$ sudo apt-get -y install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 libpng12-0 wget && sudo wget http://repos.srb2.org/deb/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/srb2-data_2.0.6-1_all.deb && sudo dpkg -i srb2-data_2.0.6-1_all.deb && sudo wget http://repos.srb2.org/deb/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/srb2_2.0.6-4_i386.deb && sudo dpkg -i srb2_2.0.6-4_i386.deb && sudo rm -rf srb2_2.0.6-4_i386.deb srb2-data_2.0.6-1_all.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libsdl1.2debian is already the newest version.
libsdl-mixer1.2 is already the newest version.
libpng12-0 is already the newest version.
wget is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 317 not upgraded.
--2010-10-31 17:06:59-- http://repos.srb2.org/deb/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/srb2-data_2.0.6-1_all.deb
Resolving repos.srb2.org... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address `repos.srb2.org'

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back