SRB2 isn't opening when I open the EXE file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I try to open SRB2 or SRB2JTE, as soon as the Sonic Team Jr. window cycles over to "Entering main app loop", a window that says "signal_handler(): segment violation" appears. I have no idea what is causing this, and I don't know how to fix this. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what this means...

Kaysakado said:
What OS are you using? By the way, try running it in Windowed mode, it might fix it.

Windows XP. I'll try it in windowed mode, I guess...

EDIT: It didn't work.
EDIT2: Apparently, this is just an error that happens when srb2 doesn't know what to do. It also says to contact the Sonic Team Jr. staff. Well then, it appears that I'm in hot water.

Sigsegv is SRB2's standard "lolololol wtf" error, it could mean pretty much anything.

Are you sure you're not trying to add any WADs? Maybe something in your autoexec.cfg? If all else fails try re-installing.

Draykon said:
Sigsegv is SRB2's standard "lolololol wtf" error, it could mean pretty much anything.

Are you sure you're not trying to add any WADs? Maybe something in your autoexec.cfg? If all else fails try re-installing.

I wasn't trying to add any Wads, and I have no idea what autoecec.cfg is. D:

I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem, since you're probably using Sotftware as your renderer, but what's your graphics card/driver?

Kaysakado said:
I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem, since you're probably using Sotftware as your renderer, but what's your graphics card/driver?

I don't know. All I know is that SRB2 has worked before, and it just doesn't seem to want to work for me.

Kaysakado said:
What did you do between the times it did and didn't work?

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Well, now that I think of it...

I have my game stored on a USB flash drive... It's worked off of it before, though.

EDIT: I fixed it. I just had to move my whole SRB2 folder onto my computer and back onto the flash drive. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back