Srb2 Is Canon To Sonic The Hedgehog

Sketchzelle

Note To Self: Make Levels Detailed
✨ Collaborator ✨
This Is Why
FOzJjmMVsAEGW38.png

i think the surge mod should be cannon but the surge mind set or form was the made long after SRB2 or SRB1 so surge would not be a thing in the cannon till the IDW comics same for the other SRB2 characters

Last edited:
Nah, that's just a random shed that looks like the SRB2 thing

ALSO the OVA is NOT canon to the official Classic Sonic lore, so yeah, not canon (debunked)

What do you mean "non canon"? Sonic Team litreally said on Twitter/X that, suprise suprise, Everything is Canon! (Proof Below:)
You know this tweet is a joke right? because if this ACTUALLY true, then the archie comics (insert some bizarre Sonic thing here) are all canon, like in a different alternative universe, yeah but in the ACTUAL MAINLINE canon, no (I think Sonic fans need to understand this lol)

You know this tweet is a joke right? because if this ACTUALLY true, then the archie comics (insert some bizarre Sonic thing here) are all canon, like in a different alternative universe, yeah but in the ACTUAL MAINLINE canon, no (I think Sonic fans need to understand this lol)
Are you sure about it? Justin Thormann, one of the Twitter/X moderators for Sonic The Hedgehog states this on Sonic Team's post:

"PSA: The statement still stands.

Fans have the freedom to create their own canon. I'm excited for the lore we have planned, but it's impossible to please everybody.

It's okay to favor parts of the franchise over another and nothing we do can take away what they mean to you."

This means that fans can make their own canon, which is what we do here.

Are you sure about it? Justin Thormann, one of the Twitter/X moderators for Sonic The Hedgehog states this on Sonic Team's post:

"PSA: The statement still stands.

Fans have the freedom to create their own canon. I'm excited for the lore we have planned, but it's impossible to please everybody.

It's okay to favor parts of the franchise over another and nothing we do can take away what they mean to you."

This means that fans can make their own canon, which is what we do here.
Yeah, in a ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, not the MAINLINE SERIES, ANYTHING that the fans make up are NOT ACTUALLY CANON in the MAINLINE SERIES with IDW & MAINLINE GAMES, how do you not understand this

Yeah, in a ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, not the MAINLINE SERIES, ANYTHING that the fans make up are NOT ACTUALLY CANON in the MAINLINE SERIES with IDW & MAINLINE GAMES, how do you not understand this
It's true and false at the same time. Obviously things like the Archie comics aren't canon to the games, but they are canon to themselves. The game canon is kind of a convoluted mess, so they seem to be taking a "If you want it to be canon then it is" approach to which games are canon and in what way.

For instance, prior to Frontiers the official canon was advertised as there being two mainline game continuities: The "Modern" timeline and the "Classic" timeline, with Classic featuring Mania taking place after the Generations crossover for Classic Sonic. However, now that they're trying to clean up the timeline they're once again treating it as one cohesive timeline with Mania taking place sometime before Adventure and Superstars taking place after Mania's Encore mode and also before Adventure.

If fans prefer the "Two timelines" explanation they're not objecting to it, but in regards to how they're treating it it's now all one thing. Personally I'm not a big fan of that approach. If they're going to admit that they can't please everyone, they should double down and clarify what is canon and how rather than just saying "Whatever makes you happy is what's canon". At this point I'd really appreciate a guidebook with an official timeline similar to those old Zelda ones.

Those who take the tweet to mean that literally any and all Sonic media is canon to the games are missing the point entirely. What they mean is that all the games are canon in some way, not that things like the Sonic and Mega Man Archie Comic crossovers now somehow fit into the game timeline, and especially not anything to do with fanfiction. I would still insist that Spinball and Mean Bean Machine aren't canon though, since they're games for the old 90's cartoons and were never meant to take place in the game continuity to begin with.

It's true and false at the same time. Obviously things like the Archie comics aren't canon to the games, but they are canon to themselves. The game canon is kind of a convoluted mess, so they seem to be taking a "If you want it to be canon then it is" approach to which games are canon and in what way.

For instance, prior to Frontiers the official canon was advertised as there being two mainline game continuities: The "Modern" timeline and the "Classic" timeline, with Classic featuring Mania taking place after the Generations crossover for Classic Sonic. However, now that they're trying to clean up the timeline they're once again treating it as one cohesive timeline with Mania taking place sometime before Adventure and Superstars taking place after Mania's Encore mode and also before Adventure.

If fans prefer the "Two timelines" explanation they're not objecting to it, but in regards to how they're treating it it's now all one thing. Personally I'm not a big fan of that approach. If they're going to admit that they can't please everyone, they should double down and clarify what is canon and how rather than just saying "Whatever makes you happy is what's canon". At this point I'd really appreciate a guidebook with an official timeline similar to those old Zelda ones.

Those who take the tweet to mean that literally any and all Sonic media is canon to the games are missing the point entirely. What they mean is that all the games are canon in some way, not that things like the Sonic and Mega Man Archie Comic crossovers now somehow fit into the game timeline, and especially not anything to do with fanfiction. I would still insist that Spinball and Mean Bean Machine aren't canon though, since they're games for the old 90's cartoons and were never meant to take place in the game continuity to begin with.
Literally, this is actually what I'm trying to say in the first place

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back