• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? You really expected to have AI ready by this point? No offense, seriously, but that made me laugh. Again, no offense. It would be the most logical thing, but the truth is that that's merely the level, and nothing more. The AI will only be programmed in a few months.

The main reason why I made already is to just have it ready by now. It's minimal work, so instead of starting a brand new big level (which I'm not in the mood/don't have time for these days), I just made that one.

Either way, you could rate it. Forget Eggman. How would you rate the scenery/layout? I don't think there is much more to improve.

Okay, I sincerely hope that in the final version, it'll all be lumped into one WAD, because it's really annoying having to play it out of separate files.

That said, you also need to do something about the atrocious naming structure. I mean, come on..."FF.wad"? That gives absolutely no indication that the "FF" means "Frog Forest". You should really rename them under the convention of "s_frogforest.wad", "s_lostjungle.wad", and so forth.

Another problem...SHRes.wad seriously messes up gameplay. It messes with the level headers and turns the skies to REDWALL.

Also, in Frog Forest, how the hell do you beat the level as Sonic? At the start, the sector on the right path is way too high to jump up to, so the only way to advance is to spindash, release, jump, and thok at just the right moment on the left path. The twisty nature of the level design is poor, too; the way the Thok Barrier is set up, parts of the level suddenly appear around "invisible" corners, which looks very weird.

That was me being as harsh as I could. In fact there are also many parts of the mod I like; it's the most original creation we've seen in a while. It just needs an enormous amount of work in cleaning up small irritating bugs.

Last edited:
Also, in Frog Forest, how the hell do you beat the level as Sonic? At the start, the sector on the right path is way too high to jump up to, so the only way to advance is to spindash, release, jump, and thok at just the right moment on the left path.

Add SHRes.wad and then play the level, then press the 1 (Sonic), 2 (Tails) & 3 (Knuckles) buttons to change between characters (you must stand still) so you can advance.

That's what SHRes.wad is for.

Say, Espyo, is this wad still being worked on?

Say, Espyo, is this wad still being worked on?

He might be taking a break. Mods this big can really wear you out considering the amount of work to be made in the A.I, the level design, etc.

Though this is just my guess; might still be working on it quietly as we speak- uh...type.

I have a soulition to your grinding problem Just say Sonic hasn't gotten his soap shoes yet :D
also can I work on the haunted levels.
The only bad thing about that idea is that... Sonic Heroes is kind of a sequel to SA2, so, yeah.

Okay, I sincerely hope that in the final version, it'll all be lumped into one WAD, because it's really annoying having to play it out of separate files.

That said, you also need to do something about the atrocious naming structure. I mean, come on..."FF.wad"? That gives absolutely no indication that the "FF" means "Frog Forest". You should really rename them under the convention of "s_frogforest.wad", "s_lostjungle.wad", and so forth.

Another problem...SHRes.wad seriously messes up gameplay. It messes with the level headers and turns the skies to REDWALL.

Also, in Frog Forest, how the hell do you beat the level as Sonic? At the start, the sector on the right path is way too high to jump up to, so the only way to advance is to spindash, release, jump, and thok at just the right moment on the left path. The twisty nature of the level design is poor, too; the way the Thok Barrier is set up, parts of the level suddenly appear around "invisible" corners, which looks very weird.

That was me being as harsh as I could. In fact there are also many parts of the mod I like; it's the most original creation we've seen in a while. It just needs an enormous amount of work in cleaning up small irritating bugs.

Calm down, fawfulfan. At the moment, the files for the game are all unorganized. Obviously, this won't be a hassle in the final version.
SHRes.wad is to be added when playing the levels, not when playing a regular game :P
As for Sonic in Frog Forest, it's like LightspeedX said: the mod is to be played with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles alternately. Incidentally, I feel I need to bring this note up again: Character switching is hard at the moment, but it won't be in the final.

He might be taking a break. Mods this big can really wear you out considering the amount of work to be made in the A.I, the level design, etc.

Though this is just my guess; might still be working on it quietly as we speak- uh...type.

Tengu does indeed speak the truth. Well... kinda. Guys, there's one really hard thing that stops me from doing any progress: university. If I were to only have to spend time with programming, seeing as that's what I want, I'd have enough free time; but unfortunately, I also need to worry about MATH. Yes, yes, I know that trigonometry does have a SMALL role in programming, but c'mon! It's sooo hard... And it requires sooo much time... That's why I haven't been doing much.

That, and the fact that nobody else on the team seems to show much interest. It's been a while since I saw Wesley, and for the others, I haven't heard anything, except for Virt the Fox.

Actually, the SRB2Heroes levels aren't co-op and race, so it would just be s_frogforest.wad or something. I think you should make certain levels in race mode, because in Sonic Heroes there's a race mode. And maybe some Match mode levels.

Match mode levels would be nice. But there is the fact that Sonic Heroes' match maps sucked. A LOT. If they were put into SRB2 Heroes, they would need improvements. It can turn out good or bad.

Ok guys. The next Frog Forest will be named s_frogforest.wad then. It's a minimal change but hey, if everyone has the same confusion, then I'll change it.

As for the multiplayer levels, that is still a bit foggy... IF we can get the character switching to work in multiplayer like on single-player, then I guess that new levels will be created. We may either follow the theme for Sonic Heroes's MP levels, or make new themes entirely. Or both.

so........ RADICAL! must download and play.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

:) Good job, Espyo.

... You forgot to put me in the Crew list! I'm working on graphical stuff, remember?
EDIT: Anyways, I would like a 1.09.4 version of this, because I'm working with 3D modeled characters, and those only work really well in 1.09.4.

... You forgot to put me in the Crew list! I'm working on graphical stuff, remember?
EDIT: Anyways, I would like a 1.09.4 version of this, because I'm working with 3D modeled characters, and those only work really well in 1.09.4.
For one thing, this mod is for 2.0. It would take tons of time and work to make a 1.09.4 version. If you want one, port it yourself. Espyo is busy enough, isn't he?

Offtopic: Answer to your sig is Soap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back