Srb2 - has popularity got lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, the devs are currently working on fixing the netcode as we speak. Just be patient, the netcode is very hard to stabilize on its own than hearing 1000 other SRB2 players bitch about the current one.

I could rant all day about this, but I can guarantee that the "resynch" is a bit part of this.

hahahahahaha

you're an idiot.

i'm seriously 100% sick of people that think the resynching code is somehow at fault for this. if you can't realize, the consistency protection code from 2.0 was completely flawed in both design and execution; it was designed to fix a theorhetical situation where every player was standing completely still and somehow a player's data managed to get corrupted. in practice, this is never the actual problem; in fact it actively made the most common problem worse by restoring people to different states and therefore making more people out of sync.

i'd also like to remind you that 2.0.7 is still available for download and still has masterserver support as a backup, but nobody seems to care about that.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;756686 said:
hahahahahaha

you're an idiot.

i'm seriously 100% sick of people that think the resynching code is somehow at fault for this.

I state my opinion and I'm an idiot for it? Yeah, okay.

I'm speaking from MY point of view. I know nothing about netcodes, but it's frustrating and annoying to everyone I have spoken with, excluding the server hosters. We, the joiners get kicked out once, and it's near impossible to get back in. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy getting kicked out of EVERY server every few seconds. A majority of us aren't game developers, believe it or not. Mid-level joining seems to be an issue, so maybe they can make it so that you can only join in between stages in a future update, but I'm the "idiot", so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Unless you're paying us to fix it, we don't owe you anything.

We've stated we're trying to fix it. There's nothing more to say. You can tell everyone you talk to about this that I said to stop acting like self-entitled little children and realize that we have limited resources and capabilities.

If you want to start paying us to fix it, we'll gladly put forth professional-level work and effort on this game. Until then, show a little gratitude that you're getting a free game with free services. We don't owe you shit and you guys constantly complaining about this need to wake up and realize that. I've tried being nice about this before. Now it's just irritating. We'll fix it when we fix it. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back