SRB2 graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is srb2s sonic 360 degrees

The sonic from sonic heroes (and other 3D sonic games has more than camera angles per frame.

Is there any way to change that on srb2 so i could bet 18 camera angles per frame?

No. Due to the way the Doom engine is written, you can only have eight sprite directions.

"Doom engine" refers to the game "Doom"'s architecture. It basically orchestrates how the whole game works on the inside. SRB2 is based on a heavily modified Doom engine. You can get the SRB2 source code and try to compile your own EXE, but you'd need knowledge of programming to make the changes you want.

The doom engine is the exe. It's the lowest level stuff in SRB2. It's the part of the game that says "This is the player, he does things when keys are pressed. This is a thing, it either does things, or stands still."

Doom engine

Ok thanks guys I might fiddle around with it later. If I find out how to.

FoxBlitzz said:
"Doom engine" refers to the game "Doom"'s architecture. It basically orchestrates how the whole game works on the inside. SRB2 is based on a heavily modified Doom engine. You can get the SRB2 source code and try to compile your own EXE, but you'd need knowledge of programming to make the changes you want.

Is the sorce code written in a special language. If it is I think i can guess it, Doom?

Programmatically, it's not too hard to change sprites to have more directions. I just don't feel like unnecessary drawing.

That'd require more Sprites and More time to make them, and SSN would have to redo all of the Characters...

'Sides, half the Time you're looking at their Backz..

camo man said:
But, weren't the srb2 sonic sprites based off of sonic xtreme? Or are they from scratch?

The poses of Sonic X-Treme sprites were referenced for the poses of Sonic standing, walking, and ouching, but they are all drawn by hand.

camo man said:
Oh, I thoguht that everything except the running was taken from the sonic xtreme sprites style originally. I just have one more question, where the heck did those knuckles sprites come from, considering your spriting talent SSN, it should've looked as good as tails and sonic. Why doesn't it, did you make those sprites from scratch or get 'em from a sprite hosting page like the mystical forest zone or whatever?

SSN didn't draw them, although I don't *think* those were originally sprites...

Also, if I can recall, I don't think SSNTails likes drawing Knuckles that much.

I meant specificially Knuckles.

He didn't like drawing him compared to, say, Sonic. Of course, this is just from a recall of memory, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back