SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoom Tube Wizard doesn't appear to work. I've looked through alll the config files knowing that Zoom Tube Waypoints were de-hardcoded from the wizard but nothing turned up. Thus, the wizard will always complain about you not selecting any waypoints despite the fact that you have some selected.

JJames19119 said:
Zoom Tube Wizard doesn't appear to work. I've looked through alll the config files knowing that Zoom Tube Waypoints were de-hardcoded from the wizard but nothing turned up. Thus, the wizard will always complain about you not selecting any waypoints despite the fact that you have some selected.
Thanks. There should be a zoomtubewaypoint = 18; line in Srb2ex.cfg. If it's not there, then... erm... I don't know why. o_o I'll look into it at some point.

Weird bug with the zoomtubes.

It goes to waypoint 1 then all of a sudden it stops,and then I fall to my death.

How cna I be sure I tagged the waypoints?

SonicX8000 said:
Weird bug with the zoomtubes.

It goes to waypoint 1 then all of a sudden it stops,and then I fall to my death.

How cna I be sure I tagged the waypoints?
This is a level-editing problem, not a DB problem. You've asked several times about whether you're posting in the right place (and you get it right about half of the time :P), so here's a general rule to keep you straight: if you'd have the same problem if you were using a different level editor, it doesn't belong in this thread.

However, since you've posted it here, I'll answer:
  1. Don't make waypoints in the start or end sectors.
  2. Zoom tubes are buggy, so don't be surprised if they do weird things.
Also, you don't tag waypoints, you use their flags: see the specials guide.

Hmm, whilist trying to draw a sector about 128 fracunits away from the "red barrier" on both ends in the bottom right corner then trying the same in the top right corner, I got an overflow error. The first sector was 32x32 units big ith default settings (64 ceiling with F_SKY1, 64 floor with FLOOR0_6, 255 brightness and no other specials) and the moment I right clicked or pressed insert in linedefs mode, it gave me the error. Same with sectors mode. To be honest, this has probably already been reported and there's not much use to fixing this but it's something to look into seeing as how I gave you enough details.

Upon experimenting btw, I found that trying to create a large sector anywhere close to the red barrier creates the same effect. Hmm.

EDIT: Unrelated note but if you press Shift after pressing insert to have a "drawing" vertex follow you, it creates a lot of vertex "garbage". Only a graphical bug but a bug nonetheless.

They should be visible by default, but if they've been switched off, you can press the '3D: Toggle FOFs' key. I think it's O by default, but you can check in the Shortcut Keys page of the Configuration dialogue.

Change that Doom head into a Crawla Commander on the start icon and the other icons.

Hey Oogaland, would you be able to make quicksand viewable in 3d mode. You can see the sides but you can't see the top or bottom.

This is from ages ago, but:
JJames19119 said:
Anyway, bug report or enhancement, your call: The translucency vaule in colormaps for FOFs, which is often J for water, can't edited within the create FOF dialog.
It seems to be working for me. Changing the 'alpha' box underneath the coloured static control should alter the translucency character at the end of the colourmap string. Does setting that value not affect the string?

For the previous two posts: there'll be a new icon in the rewrite, and fix'd, respectively. The latter was sort of deliberate, but for reasons that don't apply much any more.

JJames19119 said:
Wasn't that bug report/suggestion back from when the Alpha thing wasn't there? I can't remember...
As far as I can remember, the alpha box has been there as long as the colour chooser. But in any case, it seems to be working, so thanks anyway. :)

Bug Report: When I highlight Things sometimes in Things mode with Things already selected, rarely when I move my mouse away from the highlighted thing, it'll deselect all the things I had selected, as if unhighlighting unselected everything too.

Laser Block FOFs will not appear in 3d mode at all! Also please let the cursor not exit the screen while in 3d mode. When I'm flying around and putting textures in it sometimes goes off the screen selecting to minimize or close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back