SRB2 Data Usage?

raphaelko62

I was wondering if I could play Netgames on my computer with Hotspot limited internet, so I came to ask about how much data SRB2 consumes. Thanks.

I couldn’t find any information about this, but I believe two things:

1. It will likely vary from server to server. Servers will usually require you to download several addons in order to join. These vary in size, but the maximum is 200 MB each. Most addons are smaller, but it’s entirely normal for a server to have over a dozen addons loaded, which will add up quick.

2. This is a very bad idea. SRB2 netgames are already pretty notorious for lag, with hotspot users getting it the worst. When one player lags it also has the potential to drag down the whole server.

Last edited:
OK then, I actually forgot that most servers ask for a 100 MB+ download before joining which would definitely eradicate my internet even before I join. Nevertheless, thank you two for helping me with this issue!

Allow me to remind you that the server depending on everyone's ping has stopped being a thing since 2.1.

That issue has been long gone, since it got fixed
You misunderstood what I said. I never said ping. I was talking about resynchs, which are still an issue.
Post automatically merged:

OK then, I actually forgot that most servers ask for a 100 MB+ download before joining which would definitely eradicate my internet even before I join. Nevertheless, thank you two for helping me with this issue!
No problem! Happy I could help. :3

You misunderstood what I said. I never said ping. I was talking about resynchs, which are still an issue.
Still even then, the one who suffers its only the person who has the lag problem, be it a ping spike, or simply a desynch with the server, you will still be kicked out, and only you yourself will be affected. This has been long fixed

Still even then, the one who suffers its only the person who has the lag problem, be it a ping spike, or simply a desynch with the server, you will still be kicked out, and only you yourself will be affected. This has been long fixed
I wish it didn't have any effect on others. But still, let's drop this please.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back