SRB2 CONTEST: Calling all texture artists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more like a 'sand temple' texture than an 'arid canyon' texture, and it looks quite like a copy of SNDWALL except for the flat bricks which, while I would like to see them integrated properly, don't quite make it its own texture.

It also doesn't tile very well, I'd suggest going ahead and expanding it to 128x128 if not larger to work more with those flat bricks. Also, the attempt at texturing the middle looks rushed. I can tell its an airbrush job, and it doesn't really contribute to the texture anyways.

So can we expect an official announcement showing what all was submitted and what textures were used? I'd like to see some of the textures that weren't displayed in this topic.

something I picked up from both a level design class and my experience with trying to remake Doom alpha textures.

Monster Iestyn said:
glaber said:
I don't think your texture is going to work if it's not a power of 2 (ex:128, 256, 32)

Don't worry, I can just split it up into separate patchs to put together like with the skies - just a 64x192 patch and an 128x192 patch!

And JEV3, I use Paint, as I've always done.

Did you read this, Glaber?

Monster Iestyn said:
Monster Iestyn said:
glaber said:
I don't think your texture is going to work if it's not a power of 2 (ex:128, 256, 32)

Don't worry, I can just split it up into separate patchs to put together like with the skies - just a 64x192 patch and an 128x192 patch!

And JEV3, I use Paint, as I've always done.

Did you read this, Glaber?

Yes. Yes I did. My more recent post was just answering light dasher's post.

Aled The Hedgehog said:
TeH Winner is... *drum roll*.........................*cymbals*....BLACK SHEEP!
Black sheep, what are you going to choose for your Fabulous prize?

.......................A SONY TELESCOPE WITH BANANA PELLINGS! *sheep translator breaks down* Ba baa Bah Ba aah BA.

...Now com'on. It's obviously Monster Iestyn... He's shown his capabilities.
Maybe SSN won't choose your texture. But you contributed, and that's all you need to win. Really. *closes storybook and runs away to General Discussion*

I don't think I'm the winner, since I haven't been contacted at all from SSNTails...

I presume the winners are to be unveiled on the 32nd of the month of never, the year 20XQ, at the release of 1.1.

Unless SSN feels like declaring a winner earlier on.

Alright, I'm really anxious to know who are the winners now!!

Are they ever going to be revealed to us? (I want SSNTails to answer this, guys! Don't reply with that obviously impossible date again, please...)

Sorry for the bump...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back