• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Beach (In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannyness

Teh new version of SRB2Beach (2.1)

screenshots

srb20015.png

A view of the beach.

srb20016.png

A view of the sea.

srb20017.png

On top a Flower.

srb20018.png

View from another Flower.

srb20019.png

etc.

Enjoy. New link = http://www.sendspace.com/file/xh5imk

From the looks of those pics...

Read and understand...

You have whay to many moniters, the map's small, and looks pretty dull. Otherwise, you got the right idea.

Edit: (A little) Better, but still, make it larger, remove some moniters, and remove some weapon rings. AT THE LEAST, two moniters and 1 weapon ring on a flower. Consider the above link, or this link right here.

-SRB2 Guy

P.S.: And yes, I did take that from Jazz.

I just fixed the monitors, I know the map's small (it's meant for small netgames, as I personally never netgame with more than five people) and does it really look that dull? I hope not... I'll ask Chiisu, he'll have some good advice :] What do you suggest? I want this topic to be open to suggestions and opinions and stoof.

Hannyness said:
... match Levels don't have to be big to be enjoyable. It's like sandwiches.

Err... Sandwiches?

Cramped levels fail, always. How a level be any fun if you can't move around easily?

Jazz said:
Hannyness said:
... match Levels don't have to be big to be enjoyable. It's like sandwiches.

Err... Sandwiches?

Cramped levels fail, always. How a level be any fun if you can't move around easily?

Quoted for great truth and justice.

Seriousily.

-SRB2 Guy

Okayokay. I, personally, can move quite easily in it - what is it that makes it to cramped? :S is it therandom flower. or...? Oh and I do plan to extend and stuff, but like I say it's nowhere near done.

Three things that will definatly happen 90% of the time with this map:

Hangout
Party
Roleplaying-pretending the sonic characters are having fun at the beach.

I can see it now

"baby tails: I'm building a sand castle!
*Knuckles runs through sand castle*
baby tails: WHY DID YOU DO THAT, WHAAAA, WHAAA!!
tailschao: ban him!!!
Supa Tails Chao, How could you do that to my pet *feeds baby tails with milk bottle*
baby tails: yay milk bottle
Knuckles has been banned from the master server"

Aaaand so on.

Don't take this post too seriously. Anyway, my opinion is it is too small and cramped.

Hannyness said:
I, personally, can move quite easily in it - what is it that makes it to cramped?
You play match mode, right? Next time you're on a netgame, pay attention to why the match maps in SRB2 work.

I personally think the huge flower thing is kind of cheap, especially if you put "goodies" on it. People who play as Tails will dominate.

Lol :] i've already extended, now to take more screenies and stoof. I don't mind the roleplay caption, it's funny :] PM me to remind me to update, if I don't by tomorrow.

SRB2 was not intended for small, one-on-one showdowns. It was intended for large-scale battles. It only takes two shots to kill you (three if you have a sheild), because you're supposed to DODGE the shots. You can't do that in a small level, thus defeating the purpose.

Sykotic said:
Actually you can- Hannyness and I tested this earlier, thus defeating your argument.

Uhh, you defeat an argument supported by 90% of the community?

Good luck with that.

Pretty much- doesn't matter what it was made for, as long as it's being enjoyed.

And so far, I'm not enjoying you people very much D:<

Sykotic said:
And so far, I'm not enjoying you people very much D:<

I love how you use this as a base for your arguments. Why do you insist on coming here if you don't like us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back