SRB2 AIM add-ins support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WysiWyg

Hello forum goers! I've been wondering if SRB2 could be supported by AIM's add-ins (you right click someone's screename and choose add-ins)? It allows you to organize online games/meetings through AIM. It supports Quake 2, and you simply need the correct command lines and server command lines. Is this possible? it could make playing online loads easier, and even supports multiple users! Thanks in advance.

Thats a intersting idea. I dont know if that is possible. It sounds like it could be done if Quake 2 is supported. Welcome to the forum.

I realize that IRC is used, AIM is a simpler to use chat app, and this will launch srb2, ready to play with out filling out what IP address to use. Kind of nice, I think.

Well IRC is pretty simple, too, you choose the server and the channel and you type.

And the SRB2 launcher lets you type in the IP already.

That sounds like a good idea. If I reember correctly, I think I used that with Half-Life...Then again it was easier just to search for servers in-game...infact, being able to just search the available games IN-game would completly destroy the purpose of others...

Others? Other what? Other methods? Why worry about other methods if in-game methods were available? Of course, starting a game in IRC certainly will still happen.

AIM is also known to cause connection issues in the form of excessive lag in netgames. IRC, however, is not.

I won't deny that it is an interesting idea, but AIM can lag a netgame something awful in a lot of cases. In addition, you could implement something similar with a bit of advanced mIRC scripting.

I guess it would be pretty slow, but it's not too complicated (too my knowledge) we just have to know correct command lines. It'll probably be okay for those with broadband and two player matches.

All I have is Windows XP. No fancy grafics cards or anything. And OGL loads in at least 3 seconds. Are you talking about Software or OGL mode, Hotdog? If it's the latter, your computer belongs in a museum.

Well, if it takes me 3 seconds with OGL, and it takes you 3 seconds in Software, something must be wrong. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back