Srb2 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, back in 98/99 we thought it was pretty funny that Sonikku came up with this whole Doom Ship thing, and then Sonic Adventure ends up having an Egg Carrier.

Not only that, but the SRB2 folks come up with the idea of a space rock that appear, orbits the planet and vanishes, then several years later the same concept is used in Shadow the Hedgehog. All similarities no doubt, but interesting none the less. Although the Egg Carrier/Doomship resembelance is more interesting as it impacts gameplay.

Didn't STJR also make up the Speed Thok? Or no? I read that somewhere.

We made that ability after SA was already known about. BUT, I invented the word "thok". It's pretty cool to see it used in even some GameFAQs, I think.

We made that ability after SA was already known about. BUT, I invented the word "thok". It's pretty cool to see it used in even some GameFAQs, I think.

Thok sounds awesome, the thok is a much better pulled of ability in comparison to the SEGA jump dash.

Heh, back in 98/99 we thought it was pretty funny that Sonikku came up with this whole Doom Ship thing, and then Sonic Adventure ends up having an Egg Carrier.
I always figured it was just the Wing Fortress -> Death Egg progression from Sonic 2.

Anyway, the eventual release of Grand Eggship Zone will be roughly a decade late to be considered original (probably more, as I don't expect to see it released this year). But hey, we all know who thought it up first, right? ;)

I dont see how you can have the eggrock without the doomship/ Grand Eggship. Its not just like you go from dark city to eggrock in space just by beating up eggman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back