SRB2 1.08 for all of you who want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

Here's Sonic Robo Blast 2 1.08 for anyone who wants to play SPMoves or something...
http://www.sepwich.com/hotdog/other/SRB2.chopzip.exe

To Install:
  • Run SRB2.chopzip.exe
  • Wait impatiently for everything to extract
  • Run Ins.bat

I noticed that I could strip about two megabytes off the filesize if I chopped music.dta and srb2.srb into little tiny pieces before zipping them up. If it doesn't work for you, then please tell me and I'll fix it.

IMPORTANT: If you use Windows ME, 98, or 95, then see my post below.

Not yet, at least. It's 85% uploaded, so you'll have to wait a sec... :twisted:
EDIT: 2 minutes left my foot...

EDIT x2: Done! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Alrighty. It turns out that this doesn't work as well as expected on computers with Windows older then Win 2000.
To get it to work on 98, ME, or 95, do the following:

Run SRB2.chopzip.exe

Run Ins.bat

Press the enter key when it says 'Building large files...' and underneath 'srb2.srb', there's a bug that makes it freeze if you don't do this. It thinks you're setting the time, when actually it's trying to write the current time to install.log, so you press Enter to skip.

After it finishes, delete the distro/ folder AND Ins.bat, and everything *should* work.

Sorry about that, I'll fix it tomorrow. It's what happens when you don't test your products on all your computers before releasing them. :oops: It should run fine on Windows XP or Windows 2000.

mikel93 said:
Now i can use the netgame launcher
Oh yeah, I should really get round to updating that... Although with minimal effort you can tweak the existing one to work with 1.09, using the Game Versions tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back