• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SR2B "Sonic Vision" Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

I'm looking for a development team to work on making a Green Hill Zone Map (The Same as the One in SA2 / :B).

And Some of the Sonic Vision Forum Members..

I'm planning on Learning on how to program this way, we have Some Talented spriters ect. So thats not a Problem. What we need is some of the programmers who are experienced with SRB2. So where better to look than their forum? anyway, anyone Interested?

Characters have over 200 sprites each, and I very much doubt you'll find anyone to make them for you. You'll have to make them yourself, pretty much.

Anything SOC-related could be considered light programming. And wether it is or not, I still say that linedef executors are, too, even if they aren't.

God, do I hate using those things...

Linedef executors have nothing to do with programming, you stretch linedefs and tag them to stuff. <_<

Yeah, linedef execs can be weird to use, I must admit... I prefer ACS, myself, but we've been over that, isn't goin' to happen.

Now ACS... THAT is programming, if a little easier to understand. Very fun to toy around with, I must admit.

I like to sketch my lines out in code first. Like this:
WHEN player IS touching_floor SECTAG 1 {
SET sector_floor SECTAG 2 TO 512;
SET sector_light SECTAG 2 TO 255;
}
WHEN player IS outside SECTAG 1 {
SET sector_floor SECTAG 2 TO 64;
SET sector_light SECTAG 2 TO 128;
TELEPORT SECTAG 3;
}
I call that 'linecode'. Maybe I should write a parser for it... Hmm.

See, your linecode thing is EXACTLY what ACS is; while you use different syntax, the general idea behind each line is the same (considering it's a kind of pseudocode, what you've got there). It would look something like:

Code:
include zcommon.acs //or something to this effect

script 1 (void)
{
setSectorFloor(2,512);
setSectorLight(2,255);
}

script 2 (void)
{
setSectorFloor(2,64);
setSectorLight(2,128);
teleportThing(3);
}
...with scripts 1 and 2 being activated via the whole touching floor spiel. I could probably whip up a WAD for ZDOOM to demonstrate this for you, though you'd need DOOM II to actually test it out.

I need to learn ACS or DEH. ZDOOM/Skulltag taunt me with the amazing effects, like polyobjects >_>

Also... GHZ? Look in the wads section of the website. There are at least 40 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back