• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sprite / Frame / Thing Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

How do you tell what sprite/frame/thing something is? Blaze told me that you need a list in his SA-SRB2 MAINCFG. I don't have it/them. Is there a method in which you use to find these? How do you *know* that Eggman are frames 89 through something...? How do you *know* that Blue Crawla is thing 1? in a map, the player 1 start is thing 1. I need help.

I think everyone extracted them from the code. However, the WadAuthor config file will work just as well assuming you know how to convert from hexadecimal to decimal. The 0x000 number on the left side is the object number.

Yeah. A lot of the people who can SOC edit now also have (some of) my pre-compiled lists of stuff...

Blah, I still need to make/finish that graphical SOC editor... :?

shot1.png

shot2.png

shot3.png

shot4.png

That looks interesting, SSN.
Also, I can't get the A_CustomPower function to work right. I set the reactiontime property of the thing to my power, but then it won't work.

hotdog003 said:
That looks interesting, SSN.
Also, I can't get the A_CustomPower function to work right. I set the reactiontime property of the thing to my power, but then it won't work.

You're setting reactiontime to a number, right? You use this list, with pw_invulnerability equaling 0:

pw_invulnerability,
pw_sneakers,
pw_flashing,
pw_blueshield, // blue shield
pw_redshield, // red shield
pw_tailsfly, // tails flying
pw_underwater, // underwater timer
pw_spacetime, // In space, no one can hear you spin!
pw_extralife, // Extra Life timer
pw_yellowshield, // yellow shield
pw_blackshield, // black shield
pw_greenshield, // green shield
pw_super, // Are you super?

// Mario-specific
pw_fireflower,

// New Multiplayer Weapons
pw_homingring,
pw_railring,
pw_infinityring,
pw_automaticring,
pw_explosionring,

// NiGHTS powerups
pw_superparaloop,
pw_nightshelper,

I KNEW there was a MM mode in here...

Actually, there isn't. This program is kinda old. Notice how "checkpoint racing" is also listed.

However, you may have noticed a lot of textures from Rockman & Forte in srb2.srb ... these were for a DM map I was making that I never finished because it ended up being really stupid.

Megaman mode does NOTHING right now. :roll:
But... Aww... I'm sad to see that I won't be one of the few proud SOC editors for much longer, then... SSN, can you make it use external lists or are you just going to make it have all those blank spots so the people still need to figure out the list thing? If you make them have to figure it out, maybe there's a grim shot at hope for me yet... :|

painchance is what to set the powerup value to (i.e., duration in tics), and seesound is the sound to play when the powerup is awarded.

JTE, the lists will be in the editor, sorry!
Although if I ever get this thing done.... ;)

Nope. Still doesn't work.
Here's what that section of the SOC looks like:
Code:
Thing 6
reactiontime = 2
painchance = 1000

Frame 151
Action A_CustomPower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back