Spring Falls! (Emerald hunt) (scr_springfalls.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunucklees

... AKA Resonious
Well. The title enplanes most of it. Be sure to try it on easy medium and hard. The emeralds are in different places on each one. And use OpenGL for this map. This map on software is infested with graphics glitches.

First, screenies.

srb20005.png

srb20004.png

srb20003-1.png

srb20002-1.png

srb20001-1.png

srb20000-1.png

Aaaand, the download link...

Right from the beginning, one thing is obvious. There's a hall of mirrors. This is caused by the sector you're using for this level being way to big. Splitting that sector into smaller pieces might fix the problem.

The levels also really easy since there aren't any death pits.

Other than that, nice level. 7/10

This looks like it'd be really good.....

*Downloads*

EDIT: Wow this level is great! It's a big challenge, big map, and it's just wonderful. But there's a buncha visual glitches.

EDIT2: Did you SOC the orange springs? *shot*

Actually... I edited the crawla commander from the md2 model topic.

@Eblo: Yes I did soc the springs.

Since it looks like you put much work into it you still should've put more work into the thok barrier. This concept...

Code:
|   LEVEL   |
|           |
|___________|
... is never very advisable.

DroxSorcerer said:
Right from the beginning, one thing is obvious. There's a hall of mirrors. This is caused by the sector you're using for this level being way to big. Splitting that sector into smaller pieces might fix the problem.
Funny because that was exactly what I thought was the problem with my first maps but it's a little different. One sector itself can be as big as you want as long as the viewfield is not too big. The viewfield itself has to be cutted down by the thokbarrier (just placing a big wallsector in the middle of a too big room won't work). A good thokbarrier that not just broadly surrounds the level BUT shapes its different paths is necessary to make software mode draw everything properly.

example:

shapingfe0.png

I get what you are saying... But I can't really do that with this level because, well there aren't really any closed paths to follow. But it works just fine in OpenGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back