Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walker hover

• Swim

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
are the swimming frames exactly like the flying as shown on Wiki?
http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/index.php?title=Character_WADs

do I have only 2 frames to animate swimming, while the rest are for tired sequence. Does swimming have a tired sequence? I haven't actually seen a swimming character, so I have no references.

Also, other problems I'm having (any help would be appreciated and keep in mind, I used the Amy wad as a place holder, and changed frames simply by replacing frames)
-after selecting character in char. select, I start off as sonic
-end of stage sign won't display my custom sign.

Erik the Red said:
-after selecting character in char. select, I start off as sonic
Your OBJCFG should have a variable to point to the character's skin name, or the "name' value in the S_SKIN.

Draykon said:
Swimming is exactly the same as flying, only it only works underwater. Same frames, same timer, same everything.

Wrong-o, It only uses the 2 flying frames, and you NEVER get tired. I've tried before and this swimming is CRAP, I like the swimming idea, and I suggested to SSN a great way to do it, but he wanted to do it HIS way.

Wiki said:
Character determines what number your character will appear in when loaded in SRB2 in the multiplayer select screen. This value really isn't important, but must be set. Simplest option would be to set it to "4".

SkinName = tells SRB2 the name of the character you made. Use the same variable you used for Character.

Thanks BZ4, seems wiki gave me some bad info.

and Senku, how did you want swimming? I like it fairly enough the way it is, helps me emulate the swimming ability in mega man 8, but I would like to be able to use all 6 frames to animate it, or at least 4.

Erik, are you sure you want to do that? If you want protoman to go supa, he can have some special frames, which are also used by swimming.

But then again, you can always set superanims = 0 too, ya know. *shrugs*

I don't know how the supers work yet, but I really don't plan on giving him a super form. I have been considering it though, and the only super form I can think of is turning him into "breakman" from mega man 3, the only difference is that he has a face mask...-_-;

I'll download some characters that have supers and see how it's done...

Hey, since my question is similar to his, does the SA walker hover use the special frames or the spinning frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back