SP votes

GrayAngel

This OLDC has been, IMO, the most consistently high quality I've played. Well done everyone. Now, keep in mind, I was in kind of a rush to get this vote out. So I apologize if I didn't have much to say about your level. I wish they'd give us another week for voting. I never feel like I'm as thorough as I could be.

1. Something Zone by Marcos
Pros: Awesome!
Cons: When you transition to the canyon area, there's no warning of a sudden gap in the floor. The transition from 2D to 3D at the end is kind of jarring.
???: Fire Gator Thursday? There's that brown hedgehog again. Who is that?

2. Digital DeLuche Zone by RoyKirbs
Pros: The "boss" at the end made me laugh. Very creative, and fitting for the theme of the level.
Cons:

3. Bricked Busted Zone by Mikhael Blur
Pros: Execellent first impression. Bright, vibrant colors. It looks like the level is made of building blocks. Very nice. Level design is complex and well done. Easily an early favorite of mine.
Cons:

4. Follow Your Rainbow by Rogerregorroger
Pros: Gee. I wonder which one was made by Roger. lol. Very creative and amusing take on City Escape. Well done. I often rate levels higher based on custom assets and...well. I'm glad to see you participating, and I hope to see more of your levels in future OLDCs.
Cons: Just work on your platforming elements.

5. Lucid Landscape Zone by Othius
Pros: One of the most visually pleasing levels. Overall, very fun.
Cons: Got very lost at the part where you select the triangle or square path. Felt like I was at the end, but didn't know where to go. There are some missing textures.
Uhh...?: I found a Sonic fan recolor next to a black...thing in a pool of blood. What is that?

6. Lofty Woods Zone by Vixuzen
Pros: Very nice, natural looking environment. Cool mechanic for switching gravity. Branching pathways, and secrets rewarding exploration.
Cons: When climbing up the tower, the platforms close to the wall are really easy to fall off of, and feel very mean. The constant threat of falling off into a bottomless pit had me moving pretty slow.

7. Invasion Zone by JABSphere94
Pros: New enemies? Oooo! I like them. And we get a new Eggman boss too?
Cons: Some areas are littered with a bit too many enemies, IMO.

8. Command Facility Zone by Twins'R'Okay
Pros: Very nice level for running through. Almost feels like it was made for competitive racing. I appreciate the use of ring draining water over more deadly alternatives. It encourages the player to keep moving, and avoid the water, but it isn't too punishing.
Cons:

9. Iron Dominion Zone by MK.exe
Pros: Multiple paths for various characters. It's pretty neat. Level design is well done, although I got lost a few times.
Cons: Thematically, it looks like an Encore Mode version of Techno Hill.

10. Grass Planet Zone by Voidy2246
Pros: Very fun and pleasant level. Had a very good sense of direction.
Cons: Not the bees! Nooooo!

11. Botanic Space Zone Act 2 by DeltaSanic
Pros: It's been a while since I've played Act 1, so I don't remember how this one compares. I generally find this to be a fun level. You've got some visual variety, with the early areas being more natural, and the later areas being mechanical. The out-of-bounds decorations are nice too. I appreciate the use of secrets, though I've only found one of the emblems.
Cons: Some of the level design seems kinda samey. I'd get this feeling of deja vu, like I was going in circles, but I was actually making progress. Some of those traps are just evil. lol. I'm generally not a fan of platforming over bottomless pits, but they wouldn't have been as big a deal, if you placed some save points in the level. If I die, I'd have to start over.

12. Powder Park Zone by DakotaSpine
Pros: Very cool (ha). The use of slopes and ledges makes it feel very professional. It feels kinda Sonic 3D Blast-ish to me. In a good way.
Cons: The texture used on the walls aren't a consistent indicator for whether or not Knuckles can climb on them.

13. Nimbus Lake Zone by Yyeellooww7
Pros: Nice use of water currents. Sky box is nice.
Cons: Feels short if you're not stopping to look around for emblems.

14. The Twins Palace Zone by Chaolino
Pros: I recognized your style right away. Your levels always have a unique flavor to them that I find interesting.
Cons:

15. Caustic Crater Zone by Seaballer
Pros: Very cool. Nice use of switches and hidden secrets.
Cons:

16. Rhyolite Ruin Zone by Radicalicious
Pros: Oo! A NiGHTS level. Very nice.
Cons: Visually kind of vanilla.

17. Sunset Summit Zone by Entropy
Pros: Very nice. I can tell you put a lot of work into this.
Cons: Some of the level design seems a little awkward, with how slopes are placed.

18. Pineapple Prairie Zone by SupaCustardbro
Pros: Interesting death screen. Haven't seen that before. This feels like a Mario level. Was that the intention?
Cons: The level slows down over time for some reason. Dying resolves it, so I intentionally killed myself after save points to get around the frame drops. The tops of the pillars kill you if you land on them.

19. Blue Glacier Zone by BronsoKip
Pros: When I first played this, it seemed like a pleasant, but short level. But then I played it again, and I found a huge area I didn't see the first time. I found three different endings to the level, and I don't know if there are more. I also found two Chaos Emeralds, which makes me wonder if there are more I haven't found yet. I love secrets. The geometry is very well done.
Cons: No hidden emblems. Sometimes, it's hard to tell which way is forward.

20. Junkyard Jeopardy Zone by PhilJFou/ChaRG
Pros: Neat level geometry.
Cons: At the start of the level, if you turn to the right, there's a big block box I don't know why. It looks like the graphics are glitching out for some reason. In the 2D section, there are some invisible walls that prevent the flying robots from getting to you. Also, there's a spring that is supposed to send you to the other side, but I ended up unaligned, and had to die to start over. I don't know what the button at the beginning of the 2D section does, but if you go back and touch it, it'll repeat the sound and white flash. I got so lost towards the end. I didn't know where the door was that I had opened.

21. Frozen Fissure Zone by Garrean
Pros:
Cons: If you're going to have players run through a dark tunnel and be teleported to another part of the map, please don't have a cliff with a bottomless pit right on the other side. There's no time to react to that. I'm not a fan of bottomless pits in general, but slippery ice physics and enemies attacking from out of reach makes them unbearable.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back