Source code editing starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
I hope I didn't miss anything in the wiki or on the boards for this one... and I also hope this is the right forum.

Anyways, I started looking at the source code after I read about a way to reactivate Chaos mode. I've seen plenty of...
Code:
#ifdef CHAOSISNOTDEADYET
... in the code, but I can't find anything that looks like it will actually define CHAOSISNOTDEADYET. Can anyone who is more familiar with the code tell me where I might find that?

I'm asking because of 2 reasons...

1. I have a little programming knowledge, and any more knowledge I might be able to gain this way would be cool to have.

2. I want to try out Chaos mode for the heck of it.

You can still try out Chaos mode in Version 1.08. It's in the FAQs topic, and you can play that instead of going through the hassle of trying to replay Chaos when the chaos maps aren't even in the game anymore.

SRB2 1.09.4's MAP90 still has Chaos Spawn points, allowing Chaos mode to be played there. Its header however does not support Chaos, so "MAP MAP90 -gametype 5 -force" must be used.

To enable Chaos mode you must define "CHAOSISNOTDEADYET", in SRB2's Dev-C++ project setting or possibly in doomdef.h (The project settings is your best bet.). If you can't find where the defines are in Dev-C++ you can add the defines to the project using a text editor, search for "-D" (It is used to pass a define to the compiler) in the .dev file and add "-DCHAOSISNOTDEADYET" (without quotes) there.

Thank you for the help... but, now something's gone wrong.

I've installed Dev-C++ according to the instructions on the site, devpacks and everything, but when I click on "Rebuild All", the compiler hits an error, "[Build Error] No rule to make target 'clean'. Stop.", and, well, stops.

Did I do something wrong? Or am I asking this new question in the wrong place?

Same thing happens to me, you need to use a custom Makefile that's found in the main source folder.

Violo said:
Same thing happens to me, you need to use a custom Makefile that's found in the main source folder.

Tried that, and I got a "[Build Error] [/depend.dep] Error 1".

Further investigation of this error got me this...

Code:
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  make clean
"Creating dependency file, depend.dep"

cc -fomit-frame-pointer   -ffloat-store -DSTDC_HEADERS  -mms-bitfields -D_WINDOWS -mwindows -DHWRENDER -DHW3SOUND -DUSEASM -DHAVE_PNG -march=pentium -Os -DNDEBUG -MM *.c > /depend.ped

'cc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

make.exe: *** [/depend.dep] Error 1

Execution terminated

Something seems missing here... I dunno what, exactly. Plus, "depend.ped"?

I'm thinking on redownloading the source code.

Are you on Vista? There are some extra files that will allow you to compile on Vista, but those never worked for me. If you're on Vista, you should still give it a try.

I sometimes get that error on XP, although I'm still not sure what I just did. What sometimes work for me is to go to scr/win32 and, while Dev is closed, delete makefile. Then just try to compile again.

When that doesn't work, it has to be some other unknown file that doesn't allow me to compile. To test if it's one of my own files, I extract the original source code to a completely new folder, and just compile. If it doesn't, then it might be that Dev needs to be reinstalled.

If the original code compiles, and your own source code won't, then I have to manually copy all the .C and .H files to their corresponding folders. That's what I had to do recently. Not even the main project either. It took me probably 4 tries of making backups and unpacking the original code to get my own project to compile again.

I use XP.

Anyways, I've reinstalled everything and tried to compile a clean source, and I get the same errors.

I think there's something wrong with either Dev-C++ (I'm pretty sure "$(CC)" is a valid makefile command, so why isn't it recognized?) or the makefile itself (maybe that "depend.ped" thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back