Sony's new Marketing Strategy - Buy our crap or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Read about it without the disturbing image
Main Article (Warning: Extremely disturbing)

Looks like they have a new marketing strategy...
First few lines said:
Electronics giant Sony has sparked a major row over animal cruelty and the ethics of the computer industry by using a freshly slaughtered goat to promote a violent video game.

The corpse of the decapitated animal was the centrepiece of a party to celebrate the launch of the God Of War II game for the company’s PlayStation 2 console.

Seems a bit OTT for a PS2 game...

I can see the headlines now:

Massive slaughter as Sony kills 52 million for not buying one of the latest releases for the Playstation 2. Chuck Norris is not amused

I'd fight my way out with a heap of XBoxes if you ask me, those things can kill at close range.

DISCUSS

You're serious right? Man... people definitely do love violence but that's going too far....too freaking far. Killing animals to promote videogames? I know one catastrophe from this action could happen if they continue to do this.....animal extinction....... Hopefully this was just dumb publicity stunt for the stupid God of War game or else we'll be looking at the extinction of many animal species. :eek:

It's topics like this that are useful at showing the exact level attention people can generally hold.

I wish I knew what the hell Sony was thinking but this definitely tops the whole "creepy baby" commercial.

Sonow Hakura said:
Did you read the article? The goat was already dead and they just purchased it from a local butcher.
Bull. Of course they'd say that, to at least save their image a LITTLE bit.

Shuffle said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Did you read the article? The goat was already dead and they just purchased it from a local butcher.
Bull. Of course they'd say that, to at least save their image a LITTLE bit.

But noteworthy is that PETA actually collaborated Sony's story after they did their own research.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Killing animals to promote videogames? I know one catastrophe from this action could happen if they continue to do this.....animal extinction....... Hopefully this was just dumb publicity stunt for the stupid God of War game or else we'll be looking at the extinction of many animal species. :eek:
I fuck*** lol'd. One dead animal isn't going to leave a dent on any species, hon.

Also, I fully endorse this marketing ploy, and hope it becomes a gaming industry trend. Let's see Simon Jeffery wrangle some stingrays now.

Ritz said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Killing animals to promote videogames? I know one catastrophe from this action could happen if they continue to do this.....animal extinction....... Hopefully this was just dumb publicity stunt for the stupid God of War game or else we'll be looking at the extinction of many animal species. :eek:
I ******* lol'd. One dead animal isn't going to leave a dent on any species, hon.

Also, I fully endorse this marketing ploy, and hope it becomes a gaming industry trend. Let's see Simon Jeffery wrangle some stingrays now.

You can only imagine how an animal lover like me would feel about that.

Sony is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back