Sonics Got A Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a blatent rip off of the Game Maker FPS example. Also:

- It runs in a resolution higher than my LCD monitor can support, so my monitor runs at 1280x1024 with a portion of it on the screen (I'm suspecting it's been set to 1600x1200). But thankfully, my ATI card is smart and lets me scroll the screen with the mouse, unlike nVidia cards. But still, size it down.

- Put in WSAD and mouselook support. And increase the FOV to at least 90.

- The explosion animation doesn't work, and it's annoying when you can't cross while it's exploding.

- If you're to make some REAL 3D games, you really need to try a decent 3D engine, like DarkBASIC Pro.

FoxBlitzz said:
This looks like a blatent rip off of the Game Maker FPS example.
///////i borowwed the map and some of the source code the map will be entirely removed next version

Also:

- It runs in a resolution higher than my LCD monitor can support, so my monitor runs at 1280x1024 with a portion of it on the screen (I'm suspecting it's been set to 1600x1200). But thankfully, my ATI card is smart and lets me scroll the screen with the mouse, unlike nVidia cards. But still, size it down.

///////i just go into global game settings and reset it to 800x600

- Put in WSAD and mouselook support. And increase the FOV to at least 90.

//////Mouselook i understand and jumping will also be added what the hell does the rest mean

- The explosion animation doesn't work, and it's annoying when you can't cross while it's exploding.
///////oh i just make a new explosion animation and take away the solid tag for the explosion

- If you're to make some REAL 3D games, you really need to try a decent 3D engine, like DarkBASIC Pro.

/////WYSIWYG so far as rendering it is made to support up to 24k colors and if you ask nicely custom carecters you have to make a running animation if you want your player in the game

ok in the next version

Knuckles playable.
Tails playable.
Shadow Playable
Amy Playable.
SRB2 style Sonic Playable
10 Levels
5 more textures
a menu screen
a title
elevation
Slopes
Stairs (maybe)
Mouse veiw
improved engine
music
a storyline
eggman
jettsyn bombers
Crawlas(maybe)

FOV stands for field-of-view. It's basically how many degrees of 3D space you can see at once. In just about any 3D engine, you can set the FOV to a different value. For me, anything less than 90 isn't good as you can't see much around you. Also, note that having an FOV over 180 degrees flips the camera upside down. Don't ask. It does that in just about any hardware-accelerated 3D engine.

Anyways, there should be a command in there to change the FOV. I'm almost positive the feature is in Game Maker, so go look it up in the help file. :P

Right now it isn't much. You just move around some monotonous hallways where there is nothing but tons and tons of ring boxes lined up in corridor after corridor. I hope that the level design gets better than this. :P

FoxBlitzz said:
Right now it isn't much. You just move around some monotonous hallways where there is nothing but tons and tons of ring boxes lined up in corridor after corridor. I hope that the level design gets better than this. :P
if you want to make levels then make them perfectly all squared up

But that makes the program go slower. Duh.

And what do you mean by "I go into global game settings"? Do you mean you have made those changes, or that you CAN change them? We can't modify the .exe files you produce. Duh. :roll: You have to give us the open-source file if you want us to make changes.

FoxBlitzz said:
But that makes the program go slower. Duh.

And what do you mean by "I go into global game settings"? Do you mean you have made those changes, or that you CAN change them? We can't modify the .exe files you produce. Duh. :roll: You have to give us the open-source file if you want us to make changes.
thats gonna bea change in the next version DUH

edit: when it comes out i'll give the source code to smart people like you

And...

...What? I already know that the rooms have to have square walls. That doesn't mean you can't make good levels. Now make levels where there is actual variety. Or if you're having enough trouble being the slightest bit creative, I will feel the need to snatch this project from you and do it all myself.

FoxBlitzz said:
And...

...What? I already know that the rooms have to have square walls. That doesn't mean you can't make good levels. Now make levels where there is actual variety. Or if you're having enough trouble being the slightest bit creative, I will feel the need to snatch this project from you and do it all myself.
i mean if you want to make a level to appear in the game then draw it useing stragitlines and tell where ringboxes will be along with monsters and end rooms.

Dude...

Just-

Oh, God. I'm not even going here.

As a programmer, I am incredibly insulted. That's all I can say. I've seen better programs out of TGF and GM6 is at least literally 50 times more capable than that peice of crap. Seriously.

Seriously, I think that this is the worst first person shooter I have ever seen in my life. Now I feel like making one of those Daikatana commercials where it says "John Romero will make you his bitch", but change it to "Gusruss is a whiny little bitch", Action DooM style.

untitled2mh1.png

Omega the Hedgehog said:
http://www.sepwich.com/omegasbase/Stuff/Art/YAHAHAHA.GIF
If it ends up anything like that it should still be enjoyable enough to play for a few hours =P

Oh my GOD! Somebody should make a wad out of that; It's funny as hell!
*me imagines that look on sonic's face in SRB2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back