Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it all boomed when somebody found that Sega trademarked the name. Now, I was wondering, what if Sega actually allowed the leaking to see people reaction and develop taking into account what people say? (sadly this also includes all those n00bs that wants all the stuff that is making Sonic bad - c'mon, I even heard somebody who wanted a Sonic game with 100 characters in it, for real, no kidding!)

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
That FAILS. SatSR was good, and I liked the gimmick. But I don't want ANOTHER one; that gimmick just feels like a one-time thing. You mean, even after this Sonic Unleashed is out, they'll still make another SatSR-style game? Just no. Just no.

Sega already has proven what works. Now the developers need to apply it. Otherwise they'll keep committing Sega Syndrome.

SatSR is what works... Its had the highest ratings since SA-SA2 and is mostly accepted by people who are willing to try a new type of gameplay. No camera problems, we really aren't missing out on anything we had from Sonic Heroes or perhaps before (haven't played SA2).

I seem to recall a "disappear to be changed" article concerning Sonic. It is highly possible that they are considering making this Sonic's core play style. I've played what could be a pretty good example of a one-shot gimmick (Knuckles Chaotix, Super Mario Galaxy) and this isn't one of them... I wouldn't even call it a gimmick.

JEV3 said:
That FAILS. SatSR was good, and I liked the gimmick. But I don't want ANOTHER one; that gimmick just feels like a one-time thing. You mean, even after this Sonic Unleashed is out, they'll still make another SatSR-style game? Just no. Just no.

Sega already has proven what works. Now the developers need to apply it. Otherwise they'll keep committing Sega Syndrome.

SatSR is what works... Its had the highest ratings since SA-SA2 and is mostly accepted by people who are willing to try a new type of gameplay. No camera problems, we really aren't missing out on anything we had from Sonic Heroes or perhaps before (haven't played SA2).

I seem to recall a "disappear to be changed" article concerning Sonic. It is highly possible that they are considering making this Sonic's core play style. I've played what could be a pretty good example of a one-shot gimmick (Knuckles Chaotix, Super Mario Galaxy) and this isn't one of them... I wouldn't even call it a gimmick.

The reason why I said this is because I so want the classics back. It's my inner hardcore Sonic fan speaking, sorry. But now I have a change of thought. If Sega makes a SatSR game with multiple heights, that will suffice for multiple paths. Still, I want them to make a game like the classics again. Sonic Advance 2 was the most recent example (Sonic Advance 3 strayed just a bit too much with the whole tag team gimmick).

If they make a game where the 1P mode is similar to SRB2's 1P mode, then, oh, my gosh. That would be awesome.

Personally, I see a 2D platformer combined with SatSR gameplay mixed in, along with a Rush style boost button. At least that's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Of course, there's still the incredible ability SEGA has to totally destroy the fun by completely breaking the gameplay entirely.

Hopefully they'll improve the level design over what we saw, too, because as far as I can tell it's simply "hold right to win".

I think the Werewolf Sonic would hopefuly be preety good to play as,I mean I could understand Sonic being nice and calm , but somtimes I would like to see him mad with rage,scary and wild.

Sega of america is noticing the leaked videos.
Their taking them down,so watch it before they all dissappear...
I hope this games multiplayer.

Edit:I do bleieve this has multiple paths,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAPs5DoiUY&fmt=18
That sandy level I did see where sonic boosts he went
on the higher platform(shortcut?).
Also I saw another path where sonic was gonig leading into the path where he ended.

Autosaver said:
Sega of america is noticing the leaked videos.
Their taking them down,so watch it before they all dissappear...
I hope this games multiplayer.
Veeeeery laaaaate... I already got a copy of the video from my suscription to The Sonic Show site :P This isn't a DRM computer so I highly doubt Sega can delete this file :P

Looks like its finally official...

Also with a somewhat different trailer showing a seaside city location with rails along with the desert city and jungle stuff.

Apparently this is going to be the end-result of the re-invention of Sonic. I certainly hope it turns out great. The day/night thing sounds more complex than anything I've seen in a Sonic game before... I'm guessing that is where the Werewolf in the leaked art comes in.

Storyline-wise, I expect some really cheesy dialogue but I really want to see Eggman be evil again.

Sonic Unleashed is currently penciled in for a holiday 2008 worldwide release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, and Wii.
When will they learn not everybody has a console? >:( PC port, please! (but if I hear any Linux trolls I'm gonna do a murder, so don't even think in that)

The leaked video IS so much similar to the officel but some little things added.

Is it just me or is the level stages is just "racing"I just see sonic plowing through the enemies without stopping.DX

Autosaver said:
The leaked video IS so much similar to the officel but some little things added.

Is it just me or is the level stages is just "racing"I just see sonic plowing through the enemies without stopping.DX

Uh-oh. There better be enough platforming in this game. For the record, YouTube is blocked by my college's filters.

For the record, YouTube is blocked by my college's filters.
What isn't blocked in colleges? Now, seriously, if you want to access Internet, go somewhere else >_> Here we don't have internet connection in schools and such, and we can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back