SONIC the Hedgehog: Final Nail in Sonic's Coffin?

Sonic NextGen: What do you think?

• It was good... nothing "amazing"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad... not quite what I was expecting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigboi said:
TimberWolf said:
REVIEWS MEAN NOTHING!

Just because a review says it's crap, doesn't mean that it IS.

Agreed, but only because you said "a" review, my dear fanboy. About 22 negative reviews made me not like it.
See, now one review is one thing, but when the majority of the reviews are negative, there's obviously a problem. I'm seeing the crappy camera complaint even in the more positive reviews. I honestly thought they would have fixed that one at this point.

Jesus.

Looking at the string of events in this topic, I really think I should have brought some popcorn.

Well, I saw a few trailers of this, but overall, I think I'll skip it. The camera looks decent in areas, but Silver's part kinda looks like crap, and yes, Shadow doesn't need vehicles at all. Heck, he can probably run faster than them, by the looks of it. =P
The theme sounds decent, though, so that's a plus.

I had managed to find a free trial of the new Sonic at a Virgin Megastore on the Xbox 360 and while i had not gotten very far into the game (up to playing as Tails) this is what i thought of it, and this is my opinion taken from the game.

First of all, it looks great as you are rushing around corners and loop de loops at high speed and nothing can stop you! Of course in typical sonic style you can have a nap during these sequences as it pretty much runs itself for this time.
And during those sequences that you are playing as Sonic well, lets just say i found them to be a bit fruitless.

They simply felt slow, possibly because nothing interesting was happening in the stage that i had actually played (generic sunny beach stage <_<) aside from the loops and some enemies who simply provided no hassle whatsoever, mostly because getting hit by their machineguns only cut off a certain amount of rings per bullet but thats a minor gripe.

Oh, and the loading screen's where an annoying but bearable thing. There is a mission you are sent on early on in the game in the middle of a town and if you choose yes to accept it then you are given a loading screen, reasonable. Afterwards you are told what to do and then given another loading screen. Was that first one really needed?
Complete the mission and immediatly afterwards get another loading screen and then the mission giver says something about you being the fastest runner (i am Sonic the fastest thing alive after all you dont have to remind me XP) and finish the mission before getting another loading screen that returns me to the town, that one is reasonable enough though.

Now about playing as Tails, i dont know what Sonic team had in mind when they thought of this idea. But is it really that good to cripple any character who is not a hedgehog? Tails ran surprisingly slow compared to other versions of him in the past, people dont play Sonic games for a boring character who doesent seem to be able to do much, although flying everywhere remedied this problem as the flying was a good deal faster than Tails's running.

Anyway my thoughts on the game where overall that, lets face it im a Sonic fanboy, it was a bit rubbish. Now i might not have played far enough to know to much about the game and it could have improved a lot shortly afterwards (I hear there was a mach speed run section shortly after playing as Tails so i could have found out) and everyone is allowed their own opinions on the matter. But i for one am highly dissapointed at the way this game played.
Something tells me Sonic Team rushed this out somewhat quickly.

Whackjood said:
I had managed to find a free trial of the new Sonic at a Virgin Megastore on the Xbox 360 and while i had not gotten very far into the game (up to playing as Tails) this is what i thought of it, and this is my opinion taken from the game.

First of all, it looks great you are rushing around corners and loop de loops at high speed and nothing can stop you! Of course in typical sonic style you can have a nap during these sequences as it pretty much runs itself for this time.
And during those sequences that you are playing as Sonic well, lets just say i found them to be a bit fruitless.

They simply felt slow, possibly because nothing interesting was happening in the stage that i had actually played (generic sunny beach stage <_<) aside from the loops and some enemies who simply provided no hassle whatsoever, mostly because getting hit by their machineguns only cut off a certain amount of rings per bullet but thats a minor gripe.

Oh, and the loading screen's where an annoying but bearable thing. There is a mission you are sent on in the towns and if you choose yes to accept it then you are given a loading screen, reasonable. Afterwards you are told what to do and then given another loading screen. Was that first one really needed?
Complete the mission and immediatly get another loading screen and then the mission giver says something about you being the fastest runner (i am Sonic the fastest thing alive after all you dont have to remind me XP) and finish the mission before getting another loading screen that returns me to the town, that one is reasonable enough.

Now about playing as Tails, i dont know what Sonic team had in mind when they thought of this idea. But is it really that good to cripple any character who is not a hedgehog? Tails ran surprisingly slow compared to other versions of him in the past, people dont play Sonic games for a boring character who doesent seem to be able to do much, although flying everywhere remedied this problem as the flying was a good deal faster than Tails's running.

Anyway my thoughts on the game where overall that, lets face it im a Sonic fanboy, it was a bit rubbish. Now i might not have played far enough to know to much about the game and it could have improved a lot shortly afterwards (I hear there was a mach speed run section shortly after playing as Tails so i could have found out) and everyone is allowed their own opinions on the matter. But i for one am highly dissapointed at the way this game played.
Something tells me Sonic Team rushed this out somewhat quickly.

Wow, that's the most intelligent post I've ever heard in a fanboy argument. Even with all the grammatical errors.

You know, he isn't really a fanboy if he's willing to admit that the game is bad.

Ritz said:
You know, he isn't really a fanboy if he's willing to admit that the game is bad.

True. That's the exact opposite of a fanboy, actually.

You know, i really do need to avoid Grammatical errors i have already recived one warning over it.

And about the Fanboy thing, i still talk about the Sonic games a lot at school and such then again maybe i can just myself "Slightly insane sonic fan" instead of fanboy.

I have Sonic Adventure 2 (okay SA2B but we all know they are almost the same =p)
And i found that Sonic Adventure 2 had more of that sonic feel than the new one did, it could have been what little i had played of Next Gen Sonic but i found SA2 to be a good deal faster and more enjoyable throughout the first part of the game with Sonic, its a bit hard to compare the other first playable section as it doesent even follow that game style but still.

Having completed the game (Minus all the town missions obviously.)
I am astounded.

From the second i picked up the contoller, 1 change hit me, and i didnt like it.
When falling from a height ot even jumping onto a box, when the stick was released, sonic didnt stop moving sideways.

Don't like.

Also, having gotten used to not homing attacking everything, when I did a standard spin attack on a robot, i was hurt.
Confusing.

Picking up my rings (Half of which I kicked away mind you.) I gave it another go.
Hurt again.

No, I didnt like having to home in on everything, (although homing upwards was nice. "just like srb2!") this game was a shock to the system for me.

Although i soon got used to the changes, some things are bugging me to this day.

Why do tails and rouge not have melee attacks anymore?

Why the £$%! can't shadow spindash?

And

Why do knux and rouge climb like they're constipated?

Calm down, there, kiddo. People are entitled to their opinions; you don't have to bash them, even if they are banned. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back