Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C9E3F0D571564C71

I haven't watched through the entire playthrough yet, but from what I've seen and heard, I would personally say this seems like a very poorly done Sonic game. Tell me what you think of the commentary, Sonnarkku.

I would not use the expression "poorly made" I would instead say it was "incomplete", it needed a reason to be collecting Soleanna medals (they are like emblems but you cannot know how many you have or how many you can collect) and they needed to fix the physics (teleport while you land and such). That's most of it for me.

Sonnarkku said:
I would not use the expression "poorly made" I would instead say it was "incomplete"

An incomplete product generally results into a poor product, so frankly, that's not an excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Heh, I laughed when I saw this topic, because I only had to watch Youtube video's to see how horrible it was, and all the bugs that made sections near unplayable, and you needed luck to bypass them. Then I played the game. My opinion of the game then worsened. Call it a guess, but I'm guessing that since a lot of people hated it three years ago, I think the popular opinion probably wouldn't have changed. I'd rather go jam a fork in an electrical socket than play this game again honestly, and I'm sticking to that.

You know, it's really interesting.
Sonic was rushed for holidays, and thus we never saw dust hill, treetop or all of those cut zones.
Apparently, Sonic Adventure was rushed for holidays too, so that would explain the myraid of bugs.
Sonic 06 is a complete piece of putrid shit, and it was rushed to holidays.

One has to wonder, how would Sonic's image look today if all of his games weren't rushed? Could that have meant we could be playing Dust Hill?
Speed highway without going through the floor? Sonic 06 not sucking?
But then again, maybe if they hadn't done that tactic, could SEGA have gone bankrupt? It's not like they were swimming in money.

Blue Warrior said:
Sonnarkku said:
I would not use the expression "poorly made" I would instead say it was "incomplete"

An incomplete product generally results into a poor product, so frankly, that's not an excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Well, yeah, but it had alot of things that that people was not aware of, like level-ups, the fighting missions, the mach speed zone boost, the high amount of characters and the gems that have the colors of each chaos emerald. Here are the gems:

Blue Gem: Makes you run fast, very fast.
Red Gem: Slows time down.
Green Gem: Allows you to create a small tornado.
Purple Gem: Makes Sonic smaller.
Sky Gem: Allows you to teleport to the place you want.
White Gem: Charge a homing attack in the air and release R1 to do a great hit .
Yellow Gem: Activate the well-known magnetic shield.

ALL of these attacks are based on old Sonic and Shadow moves, yes, ALL of them.

nightmare cenz said:
If people just looked at Sonic '06 Without the "Omg it has glitches, lets hate it" and stuff, they would see an awsome game.
Let Tengu educate you. Game creators are the students, and we're like the Teachers. If we don't see effort in their work, we give them a low grade. Lets not forget that this game was too vast to be cleaned up before it's due date, if they just announced that they need to delay it for an extra year, then we can really say "It wasn't that bad" But they decided to be lazy, and therefore received a failing grade. Tall detailed buildings and a lava monster is not enough to show this was good work. We can't give them a good grade if they didn't apply themselves to show that they did their best and just ditch it afterwards just to turn in a crumpled up piece of paper with answers not being elaborated & doddles on the back. Should we give someone a good grade just because they impressed us with time travel and a psychic recolored hedgehog??

nightmare cenz said:
If people just looked at Sonic '06 Without the "Omg it has glitches, lets hate it" and stuff, they would see an aweosme game.
I'm sorry, that's not how life works. If you see mouldy bread, would you say "well, aside from the mould, the bread's still good"? If I took a dump in your cereal, would you say "well, there's feces in my cereal, but the cereal as a whole is still good"? If you watched Manos: Hands of Fate, would you REALLY go "well, aside from this having flat acting, repetitive dialog, a lousy story and being all-around awful, this is a good movie"?

Because that's exactly what you and every other idiot that actually LIKES this game is doing. You want my advice? Go play a good game, then come back to this one and see just how wrong you were. I mean, it's alright, you're human, you err, and we can forgive. Obviously you've lived an incredibly sheltered life, unable to play any DECENT platformers, so you have no comparison to make. Super Mario 64's a good starting point. That's how a platformer should behave. The PS1 Spyro games, too. Hell, even the first Sonic Adventure is a perfect example, even though it hasn't aged well - it has glitches, but the glitches are generally only when you go out of your way to find them. 2K6's are not.

nightmare cenz said:
Srsly, It wasnt THAT bad as people think,
Yeah it was.

nightmare cenz said:
"But it has Glitches, Lot of them!"
Every game has glitches ,besides, glitches make games Hilarious.
No, they make games frustrating. Imagine that you were trying to, I dunno, save Tails from a giant robot who's about to kill him. You rush over there through one of the most poorly-designed levels you've ever seen, and just as you get to him, you fall through the floor. You try again with your second life, and have to use the Homing Attack to get across a pit, but the game craps out and instead of homing into the enemy floating above it, you circle around it a few dozen times and then are shot right into the pit. The third time, you're doing some tricky platforming just before this pit, but the controls are incredibly unreliable and you overshoot a jump, and fall into yet another pit. This is playing 2K6 in a nutshell (aside from the fact you never had to rescue Tails - hypothetical, y'know).

Heck, better yet, imagine playing Eggrock Zone Act 2, when the game suddenly SIGSEGVs (actually, that happened quite a bit during testing...). Get the picture yet?

Some glitches can be fun to mess around with... if the game itself is generally clean of them. Getting into the "dark room" in Mario 64 is rather captivating, mostly because it's a small blotch on an otherwise completely perfect game (engine-wise). 2K6's glitches interfere entirely with the gameplay, and thus are not fun at all.

nightmare cenz said:
In My Opinion, Sonic '06 was an awesome game and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Well, yeah; somehow there's a group of people who think this game is worth buying a console for, and are so shocked by its putridity that they sheepishly try to convince themselves that the title they just wasted money on is actually good. Don't be fooled. The game is an insult to everything that is gaming, Sonic, or even just good overall. Unleashed is a pretty lousy game, but at least I could see some defense for it. 2K6 cannot possibly fathom to have a legitimate defense - it is that bad.

I think it's safe to say that ShadowHog pretty much won the entire topic, no matter what comes before or after.

Shadow Hog said:
Go play a good game, then come back to this one and see just how wrong you were.
Do you think you're looking at this the wrong way, Shadow Hog? I don't know; trying to say a game is good is always beyond me. I prefer to say "I do enjoy this game" and "I don't enjoy this other game."

I do believe that 2k6 has flaws, but I did still enjoy playing it. Equally, for every positive thing everyone has said about Super Mario Galaxy, I didn't enjoy it. Trying to evaluate a game based on quality alone is not enough.

Sonic '06, I will say, is the worst Sonic game I have ever played.

• It's glitchy.
  • It lags constantly when any physics is involved.
  • The controls are absolutely horrible.
  • The load times were horrid (I've sat 5 minutes for a level once.).
  • There are too many places when it loads.
  • -Even with the smallest things, it takes ~12 seconds to load (Loading once for every time a character says something and taking 12 seconds? Totally not a problem. [/sarcasm]).
  • The music was horrid for all but a few songs.
  • The enemies were generic and had little to no variety (A demon that comes in two colors is hardly variety.)
  • Parts of the game completely lack instruction.
  • You can easily glitch out of the level with a gem.
  • Sonic runs too slow except for the mach speed zones, and the "buy the mach speed gem" argument is useless, because that doesn't change the fact that Sonic is too slow without it and you shouldn't have to get an extra addon that isn't available until near the end of the game to run as fast as he should.
  • Multiplayer was lacking and hideously unbalanced.
  • Final boss had horrible gameplay.
  • Voice acting was horrid
  • Levels were terribly designed
  • The game being so poorly coded, optimized, and designed is a part of its own.
  • And let's not forget the totally not significant amount of glitches.
  • The only at all decent thing was the graphics, and those don't make up for the other things I've listed and the ones I haven't bothered to.

BlueZero4 said:
Shadow Hog said:
Go play a good game, then come back to this one and see just how wrong you were.
Do you think you're looking at this the wrong way, Shadow Hog? I don't know; trying to say a game is good is always beyond me. I prefer to say "I do enjoy this game" and "I don't enjoy this other game."

I do believe that 2k6 has flaws, but I did still enjoy playing it. Equally, for every positive thing everyone has said about Super Mario Galaxy, I didn't enjoy it. Trying to evaluate a game based on quality alone is not enough.
No, it's pretty much a widely accepted fact that the game is a complete and total farce, and that ANYONE could get any enjoyment from it is a bald-faced lie at best. That or you have absolutely no taste at all and probably WOULD eat the feces cereal.

Sonnarkku said:
Shadow Hog said:

Chrispy said:
There are no such thing as wrong opinions

LOLWUT
  1. I am not Chrispy
  2. There is too such a thing as a wrong opinion
  3. Anyone who thinks this game is remotely good has the wrong opinion for all the reasons listed before in this topic and on the Internet as a whole.
Seriously, what kind of argument do you call that? At least TRY to come up with something.

"In my opinion, this game is good"
"NO, YOUR OPINION IS THAT THIS GAME IS BAD."

That's what I think a wrong opinion is.
Also I have never played this game, so I can't really add anything related to the topic here.

At least 4 people like it so far, I am actually impressed that it did not stay under 2 so far, let´s see if anyone else likes it...

I'm going to throw this out there and say:
[17:23:54] <Rob> "MY OPINION IS AS VALID AS YOURS" == "I CAN'T JUSTIFY MY STANCE SO I'LL FALL BACK ON AN ARGUMENT YOU CAN'T BEAT"
So basically, if you're going to argue an opinion, argue it without resorting to that card. It's a terrible ploy at best.

Okay, this topic is out of control and I'm ending it RIGHT now.

However, one thing is absolutely important and needs to be addressed right now:

Rob is right. "My opinion is just as valid as yours" is a fallacy and will be treated as such. It just may be your opinion that one plus one equals three, but that doesn't make it correct. If you're going to state your opinion, you had BETTER back it up with facts and reasons, not just "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it." If that's all you have, don't bother posting your opinion here.

Sonic 2K6 was a universally panned game. That doesn't mean you couldn't have enjoyed it, but it was insanely critically panned and many, many people hated it. If you'd like to argue against the clear majority, you really need to have some specifics and things other than "I like it, screw all of you."

If this message sounds redundant, that's because it is. Stop acting like children on an elementary school playground and start acting like adults. I don't care if you ARE in elementary school, this applies to you too.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back