Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles - Which are you best with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karuno

• Personally, I use Sonic. Sonic runs so much faster than anyone else, and he can make some very serious platforming pretty fun. His Thok ability is better than Tails's flying and Knuckles's climbing, since they have to easily skip most enemies and hazards. Using his Thok, followed by a Spin Dash, is invaluable in Match mode.
  • Tails is the second best for me. His easy handling makes him fun to control. I mainly use Knuckles when I'm playing multiplayer, because I prefer the classical Sonic and Tails theme. For multiplayer, I use him to cooperate with teammates who have the flag and need a lift. In match, I use him for easy steering and turning around.
  • Knuckles is my least favorite. It's not that his sprites are very incomplete; it's the fact that he can climb every wall in the game. With Knuckles, you can simply climb through Green Flower Zone Act 2 without having to find any enemies in your way. In multiplayer, I only use him if I want to move fast, but I want a way to control myself. Climbing is useless in match, since people can aim at you and shoot you off the wall, considering the slow climbing speed.

Even split between Sonic and Knuckles for me. Mainly Sonic for stuff like race and Coop, and Knuckles for more all-range gameplay, like Match and CTF.

Sonic's ability to speed through levels is really quite entertaining. But Knuckles' speed is exactly where it needs to be for me to be comfortable in FPS mode. Plus, there are a few fun strategies to be done by switching to third person when climbing in match. Really, Knuckles feels like the ninja of the cast.

I personally think that no new character anyone will ever come out with is better than the original sonic. If used properly, then sonic can get almost anywhere tails and knuckles can go (with some exceptions of course). If a pro is using him, then he could probably get there faster too.
My second choice would be knuckles...

Sonic, for the simple fact that he can thok, and that alone is a massive advantage. It'd be nice if Tails/Knuckles had some sort of real good techniques/advantages that gave them an edge. For example, maintaining momentum while gliding with Knuckles, and Tails not losing momentum when he turns while flying.

Draykon said:
Even split between Sonic and Knuckles for me. Mainly Sonic for stuff like race and Coop, and Knuckles for more all-range gameplay, like Match and CTF.

Sonic's ability to speed through levels is really quite entertaining. But Knuckles' speed is exactly where it needs to be for me to be comfortable in FPS mode. Plus, there are a few fun strategies to be done by switching to third person when climbing in match. Really, Knuckles feels like the ninja of the cast.

OMG Draykon... We have the exact same ideas on Sonic + Knux.

Karuno said:
For multiplayer, I use him to cooperate with teammates who have the flag and need a lift

Can I bug your computer to auto-join any netgames you enter?

Karuno said:
  • Knuckles is my least favorite. It's not that his sprites are very incomplete; it's the fact that he can climb every wall in the game. With Knuckles, you can simply climb through Green Flower Zone Act 2 without having to find any enemies in your way.

Go play Airial Garden Zone, Knuckles can only climb FOFs, which are much harder than climbing normal things with all those Jetty-Syns.

Sonic&Knuckles for me.

Sonic is superfast, and can manuver around many things quickly, he is great in race. Knuckles can dodge Jetty-Syns, and his glide is much more controlable than Tails' flight. Go play Silver Cavern to see how Knux can be more useful than tails.

sonic. he's much more fun =D
I could spend hours with him thoking around the mysticrealm levels.
He also challenges one pretty well, you require quite some quick reactions to control him.
If you find some cool shortcuts through levels and bounce off the right enemies...
Ice said:
then he could probably get there faster too.
bopping robots is much more fun with him.
I use tails normally just to get a quick look at the whole of a new level.
Knux only for eggman or the mysticrealm zone when I'm bored.
the best thing about knux is that he can just glide through enemies (especially eggman) but even that doesn't make him any faster or more interesting =(

I'm not really good at any of them. Sonic moves a bit too fast for me to control, Knuckles seems to bleh for some reason and Tails is too slow for me.

Sonic - Fast,powerful,and most useful in most modes.
Tails - Slower then sonic,yet has an awesome ability and using spin-fly makes up for the speed.Also he can use speed shoes to run on water.
Knuckles - Slower then sonic,faster then tails.I think his ability is quite too slow.Why not use tails to go higher then spending minutes climbing walls?

Their in order.

Usually, I use Sonic because he's harder. Tails, I use in netgames often, but I haven't been on a netgame since my connection to the MS stuffed up (or no-one's been on it when I go there), but I use Knuckles to test levels with, whether mine or someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back