• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
This is a mod I've started work on recently. It's not much, at current there's nothing to really show off other than snaps of the first Special Stage & the 3 Bosses. There is 5 zones.
Emerald Coast Zone (Jade Coast Zones music)
Lost Canyon Zone (Desotale Twilight Zones music for Act 1, Arid Canyon Zone Act 2 for Act 2)
Egg Carrier Zone (Egg Rock Zone Act 1's music for Act 1 & Doomship Zone for Act 2)
Spaceship Panic Zone (Only 1 act) (Egg Rock Zone's old music)
End Of The World (Only 1 act) (Slime Silo Zone's music (From some versions of Acid Missile))

Story:
This mod is sort of a follow up to Sonic & Knuckles. Eggman's back & Sonic, Tails & Knuckles must stop him again. Sigh...

& now onto the screenshots:
srb20000g.png

Part of Special Stage 1
srb20003t.png

The boss of Emerald Coast. The Egg Slimer
srb20004e.png

In Lost Canyon Eggman whips out the Egg Mobile.
srb20006w.png

Inspired by the fire shooting Egg Slimer in Acid Missile. Did you guess that?
srb20007p.png

Just to make End Of The World annoying it's all tinited an intense orange color.

EDIT: I've put the SP levels for this on hold. The match rotation is getting finished first.
Match Levels: (No screenshots)

Submerged Sanctum, Zero Ring Remastered, Blazing Inferno, Tropical Lake, Chaos Wood, Midnight Abyss, Hydro Plant, Marble Garden, Frost Bite, Digital Realm & WTF Zone.

Last edited:
I know it's hard, but do you think you could come up with more unique level tropes? It always seems there's a coast zone and a space zone and increasingly a canyon zone.

I'm in ur topic fixin ur image linkz

srb20000g.png

srb20003t.png

srb20004e.png

srb20006w.png

srb20007p.png

The special stage picture is the only one I liked, however. All of the other screens are either bosses or do not shot anything interesting. The special stage looks pretty good but It seems somewhat flat. Also the last screenshot looks eww.

If you need help putting up screenshots. Try tinypic.com, upload them there. Then get the raw file url ( it should end with,.png .jpeg, .Bmp or something.) And post it here (Oh, and put

The Special Stage is the only one I've seen interesting so far. The bosses are just a boss and rings placed in a room, especially Emerald Coast Zone 3, which looks small for a boss level. The last one looked like a metallic cheese room

Why don't you take a look at what fawfulfan did with the boss arenas in his Tortured Planet mod? They managed to become halfway interesting.

From what the screenshots show, the boss maps are WAY too empty, I mean Eggman-wall-floor. Thats all. Why not add some death pits or other stuff?

that "end of the world" stage looks...rather intresting...but as of right now it doesnt look like there is much to do! I'm sure it will turn out good tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back