Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0

[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0 2.0.17

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
glaber updated Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0 with a new update entry:

Bug zapper

It was intended that 2.0.15 would be the last, but SRB2 2.2.13 broke some stuff in this mod.

fixes for 2.0.16:
Metal's Challenge now just needs only 1 person to finish any race in multiplayer mode
NPC Colors are fixed
Egg Arena boss is no longer skippable
Wrong era shields were corrected
Some stages are now using retro rings

Known issue that can't be fixed:
Unlockable in multiplayer require you to touch a map emblem to trigger them if you meet their conditions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I suggest removing "[Open Asset]" as other add-ons don't intend to do this. I don't mean the one from overview, but from the discussion thread

This addon is intended to be an open asset though. That and the actual label never got applied for some reason.

The new update has introduced some seriously horrid lag, it's absolutely unplayable for me. The only stages I've tested are the hub (getting about 30 fps from what was a full 60) and History Clash (getting about 10 fps from what was also full 60). I've tested the older version I had and can confirm it is something caused by the new update.

The new update has introduced some seriously horrid lag, it's absolutely unplayable for me. The only stages I've tested are the hub (getting about 30 fps from what was a full 60) and History Clash (getting about 10 fps from what was also full 60). I've tested the older version I had and can confirm it is something caused by the new update.
you're not on mobile are you?

Also I have no idea how to address the lag issues considering none of my devices get it outside of multiplayer, and I can't host.

you're not on mobile are you?

Also I have no idea how to address the lag issues considering none of my devices get it outside of multiplayer, and I can't host.
Strange. I'm on PC. It's not a great PC but it runs the game very well, so this extreme amount of lag was very jarring. I'll just stay on the old version though if that's the case, not like these are super important changes to me.

I don't recall doing anything to the museum map itself so I don't know why lag increased there. History Clash getting a FPS crash was also unexpected.

I don't recall doing anything to the museum map itself so I don't know why lag increased there. History Clash getting a FPS crash was also unexpected.
I think it's something more global, not the maps themselves. Smaller ones with less things like the Colosseum run completely fine, so it makes me think there's something else that's just causing worse performance to the entire mod as a side-effect, and it's only noticeable on normal sized or bigger maps.

it's good update
but have one problem
I plays on levels
it's lags
I plays special stages
it's lags
plays online
it's lags
Ringslinger
lags
ctf
lags
Chaos
lags (of course)
race not so but lags
and Match levels from 2.2
lags!?
why so many lags?
most levels is damn lags

Still getting the same lag after those ring fixes. Not totally sure what the issue could be. I tried changing some settings around and no dice.

Back