• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: DX!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got sadx pc(trial), and ill be willing to help copy a picture of a character then put it into a bmp, jpg, png, or whatever you want...

also i could try to atempt the scenary, but that might be a small challenge to get the camera over his head...

akirahedgehog said:
But people can just hack the textures out. *Hides*

That's what I've been doing, one problem

The textures need to be converted so it fits the SRB2 pallete. That would distort the textures. So, we have to custom make them unless someone can canvert texture pallettes

JetKrazy said:
akirahedgehog said:
But people can just hack the textures out. *Hides*

That's what I've been doing, one problem

The textures need to be converted so it fits the SRB2 pallete. That would distort the textures. So, we have to custom make them unless someone can canvert texture pallettes
There exists programs that create really good results in this. Some do dirther. Others have good abilities for find good colors. And others are the two.

i got a view from above sonic! so you could try to get the grass and put the srb2 palette on it, to see what it looks like..
teh%20grass.jpg
i just got this when i was doin that sonic level again lol

nah, thats not a srb2 pallete, thats just a regular screenshot from sadx, but maybe someone could make the grass with the srb2 pallete to see how it looks...

brianv said:
nah, thats not a srb2 pallete, thats just a regular screenshot from sadx, but maybe someone could make the grass with the srb2 pallete to see how it looks...
It's already been done better. The grass texture in SASRB2 by Blaze is ripped straight out of SA1's data files.

I don't know what happens with palette... With a poor program I can get torelable results...

Poor programs use the standard 256-web pallete, and maybe they don't even dither. When you import it into a level design program like that, then it converts it again to the SRB2 pallete, and the result looks like absolute crud. What you need is a program that'll convert your image directly to the SRB2 pallete with positioned (NOT floyd) color dithering, and then it'll look half good, if you're lucky.

I have a program in that you must to specify a palette (because runs in 256 colours) and is very good for convert... If I have the palette, I can convert the pictures (inclusive the one in 24/32-bit) easily...

The format that I need (PAL extension, but it isn't the Photoshop format):

Header

"PAL" (3 bytes, ASCII)
1A0D0A0000 (5 bytes, hexadecimal)
Palette

256 times:

1 byte for red (0..63)
1 byte for green (0..63)
1 byte for blue (0..63)
Rows of colours (non-used for this)

Row 1: 16, 0, 0, 16 times 0
Row 2: 16, 0, 0, 16 times 16
Row 3: 16, 0, 0, 16 times 32
Row 16: 16, 0, 0, 16 times 240

Or send me a picture that use these palette and it will imported automatically. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back