Sonic Music Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguo

After playing the Super Mario Brothers theme for a show and getting unbelievable applause and feedback, I quickly realized how popular revived console music was. Being interested in this project and mods/edits for it, I thought I might lend a hand with my band, if it's wanted.

I've actually begun recording sonic songs into real instruments. I worked on the boss theme from Sonic 1 for about a half hour by myself since the rest of my band was elsewhere at the time. I think it turned out well, minus a couple missing instruments and pseudo-bass (effects on guitar). Give me your opinions of this "alpha" perse song. If I get good feedback, I'll work on more songs and of course finish and finalize this one.
Check it out

<--Sorry for Rapidshare. It sucks but they host for free.-->

I figured I was creating music to be "edited" into the game, thus making this the correct section for anyone who would like to use it.

Not bad. Pretty good, except it seems to be missing something, though I can't put my finger on exactly what. Missing instruments? The fact that it's a little too slow-paced? I dunno, but whatever ^_^;

I'd really love to see what you can make out of the Sonic 2 Boss Music. :wink:

Yeah, its missing the drums and the chords in the background. I'll finish it when I have my band all together on the same day. It will be finished soon, I'm working on some other songs right now; like Green Hill.

Hmm, I like it. Of course, it needs a bit of work, but nice job so far.

That's because it's supposed to be an accurate performance of the original. What else would you expect?

Due to work and other hectic things, I haven't gotten the band together yet to finalize the Sonic 1 boss theme, however, I just spent about an hour putting together the Sonic 2 boss theme myself. This is most definitely a pre-release, but it gives you a gist of where it's heading. My sound exporting wasn't working correctly for some reason so it sounds a little compressed, but I am too tired to figure it out right now.

Sonic 2 Boss Theme

In the final versions there will be drums, an actual bass, and much better sound quality.

BTW my band's name is Entaro. Look for it on urban dictionary and give a big thumbs up.

*is the first one to download it*
Hey, it sounds pretty good, even better than the Sonic 1 boss theme! :)
Make more, I demand it!!
*slammed into the wall*

Hmmm... Downloading now...
Well, it needs some kind of drums or something to keep the beat.

Other than that, it's great!

I need that electric guitar sample! Pleeeeeease?

Just to let everyone know, I plan to do the entire Sonic 1 and 2 tracklist (and possibly Sonic 3K later), however, I have no particular care as to the order, so if there are any requests I can do them by popularity first. At the moment, I'm still working on Green Hill Zone and organizing a time for the whole band to work on these already produced (Summer jobs make that damn hard). I'll try to update frequently on progress so keep an eye out on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back