Sonic Mania

someSRB2dude

I like labyrinth kinda.
So Sonic Mania, Yeah It Is Amazing, Most Of The New Zones Make Sonic Mania Great.

However I Don't Like The Reused Zones.

So Sonic Mania, Yeah It Is Amazing, Most Of The New Zones Make Sonic Mania Great.

What exactly is wrong with the old zones? The fact that they’re reused shouldn’t take away from the fact that the level design itself is great

I used to like sonic mania but it got boring and bland by the 2nd or 3rd playthrough

You're free to dislike them but Mania was in fact an anniversary game made to celebrate Sonic's past like Generations.

Also let's be honest: almost every reused Zones are better than their original versions.

I still wish they added more Zones (and even a new character) as DLCs because Mania Plus felt a bit empty as an update.

Personally, I disagree. The only returning zones I liked more than the originals were Green Hill and Chemical Plant.
You mean the levels that are replayed to death in the series?

I'd take Mania's Green Hill and Chemical Plant over Generations and Forces' all day.

You mean the levels that are replayed to death in the series?

I'd take Mania's Green Hill and Chemical Plant over Generations and Forces' all day.
They are reused too much, and I'm as bothered by it as the next guy. That was not what I was talking about. I was talking about how compared to their original appearances, I felt Mania handled them better. I do not feel this to be the case for any of the other returning levels, though I do prefer most of their OST and graphical remasters in Mania.

Las áreas reutilizadas no son del todo malas, pero Green Hill y la planta química ya están muy gliche en los juegos, pero las otras áreas son muy buenas con su respectivo rediseño.

Las áreas reutilizadas no son del todo malas, pero Green Hill y la planta química ya están muy gliche en los juegos, pero las otras áreas son muy buenas con su respectivo rediseño.
Translation for my English homies:

The repurposed areas are not all bad, but Green Hill and the chemical plant are already very cliché in the games, but the other areas are very good with their respective redesign
I don't think Green Hill and Chemical Plant were really overused by the time Mania came out. Green Hill's only other appearances before Mania were in Sonic Adventure 2 as an unlockable and in Generations where it made sense, and Lego Dimensions, where it also included other levels from Sonic games. As for Chemical Plant, it only reappeared in Generations and Lego Dimensions for the same reason. Their appearance in Mania only makes sense because it's an anniversary game like Generations. They only became overdone in Forces where they were essentially shoehorned in. Green Hill could've been much better in Forces if they actually made it feel like Eggman had destroyed the landscape and it looked closer to Generations' version. Also, Fun Fact: The Chemical Plant in Forces is a different one as Sonic 2's version was on West Side Island.
Post automatically merged:

In a way, they also reused Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3&K since it reuses many of the same gimmicks

I don't think Green Hill and Chemical Plant were really overused by the time Mania came out. Green Hill's only other appearances before Mania were in Sonic Adventure 2 as an unlockable and in Generations where it made sense, and Lego Dimensions, where it also included other levels from Sonic games. As for Chemical Plant, it only reappeared in Generations and Lego Dimensions for the same reason. Their appearance in Mania only makes sense because it's an anniversary game like Generations. They only became overdone in Forces where they were essentially shoehorned in. Green Hill could've been much better in Forces if they actually made it feel like Eggman had destroyed the landscape and it looked closer to Generations' version. Also, Fun Fact: The Chemical Plant in Forces is a different one as Sonic 2's version was on West Side Island.
Actually, the small island where Chemical Plant is looks like Westside Island (you can notice the crescent shape)

Also Mania was an anniversary game that came like 6 years after Generations (like how SA2 came 10 years before it). Forces is when people started to get bored from seeing those levels again.

In a way, they also reused Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3&K since it reuses many of the same gimmicks
Ironically the Death Egg Zone in Forces was arguably one of the better part because we didn't see a true Death Egg comeback since 3&K (and no, Death Egg Mk II from Sonic 4 Episode 2 doesn't count).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back