• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic: Guardians of Chaos (S_GoC.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm creating a new level pack. The title is probably going to be changed, but oh well.

Story: Dr. Eggman has yet another scheme that involves the Chaos Emeralds. He sent his troops to seven lands to find hidden areas where the emeralds are located, but he could only find one of them. Sonic figured out about this scheme and decided to race Dr. Eggman to the Chaos Emeralds. However, Dr. Eggman has a "Plan B" this time incase something goes wrong.

Levels:
GreenCanyon Zone: A large canyon filled with water. A tribe of hedgehogs used to live there until natural levees that surrounded it broke, flooding the area. These people were known for their large totems.

Rooftop Rumble Zone: After leaving the canyon, Sonic follows the doctor to a city. This city has tall building that are deadly to fall off. Watch out, Dr. Eggman might start attacking the city at any moment.

Silent Castle Zone: A large castle blocks Sonic's way from leaving the city. Dr. Eggman took advantage of this and sent his troops in to ambush Sonic when he came in.

Flying Egg Zone: Following Dr. Eggman led Sonic to the doctors air fleet, which happened to be heading to where a Chaos Emerald was at the time. Sonic decided to take down the fleet while he looks for the floating ruins that the Chaos Emerald is located on.

??? Zone: I'm still thinking of the theme for this level. I'll edit this when I'm sure about what it will be.

Digital Highway Zone: The path in the last level led Sonic into Dr. Eggman's computer. Dr. Eggman used his technology to store an emerald in his computer. Sonic used to same machine to enter the computer. If Sonic can make it out alive, he can take it with him. He can also know where Dr. Eggman's final attack will be.

Magic Ruin Zone: Dr. Eggman planned his last attack here. This was the site of an anceint civilization, but the only thing left of it are two cumbling temples. Inside one of the temples lies the last Chaos Emerald.

??? Zone: This can only be reached with Sonic on Normal or harder with all seven Chaos Emeralds. It has been prophicied that a major battle would take place here between a yellow hedgehog and a machine at a large arch. Dr. Eggman learned about the amount of power of this place and went there in his strongest robot.

???: This is the true final level. This level has four acts, and one very tough boss.

Each of the first seven levels will contain a secret act, I'll just call it a Level X. The Level X's are slight;y different from the other acts. They are the only places in the game that one can find the Chaos Emeralds. Later levels will have two Level X's, the second having to be reached in the first. If there is a level with two level X's, the second will have the Chaos Emerald rather than the first.

Of course, this is still a work in progress. I currently only have GreenCanyon Zone and the first act of Magic Ruin Zone done.

There are two unlockables in the demo. One for completing the demo, the other for getting all nine of the emblems, three for each character.

Other things that'll be in future levels:
Short intros: Starting with Silent Castle Zone
Multi-layered Levels: Currently, only Rooftop Ruble Zone Act 1 has this, but it could change at any time.
Two Super Sonic Only levels: which are the secret levels I mentioned.

Screenshots:
srb20040vs1.png

srb20041pv6.png

srb20042zp6.png

srb20043kr4.png

srb20044gg3.png

srb20045mm2.png

srb20046yt9.png

And, the download link: Sonic: Guadians of Chaos demo

Platforming needs to consist of more than "find this spring to launch you to next platform." The levels were too flat, too open, and too devoid of detail. You want to have more variation than "block of FLOOR0_6" and "block of GFZROCK."

Technical considerations:

1. Some of your deathpits had water textures on the floor.
2. All waterfalls should be water blocks, not waterfall textured walls.
3. All platforms close to the water should extend slightly above the water (16-32 fracunits is acceptable.) Some of the platforms were exactly at water level and looked quite strange.

You obviously have a grasp of general concept, but the above problems bring the map's qualities down quite drastically.

Jazz said:
Platforming needs to consist of more than "find this spring to launch you to next platform." The levels were too flat, too open, and too devoid of detail. You want to have more variation than "block of FLOOR0_6" and "block of GFZROCK."

Technical considerations:

1. Some of your deathpits had water textures on the floor.
2. All waterfalls should be water blocks, not waterfall textured walls.
3. All platforms close to the water should extend slightly above the water (16-32 fracunits is acceptable.) Some of the platforms were exactly at water level and looked quite strange.

You obviously have a grasp of general concept, but the above problems bring the map's qualities down quite drastically.

Alright, thanks. I'll try to get those fixed. I didn't really like how Act 1 tuned out anyway and I'm probably going to change the layout of that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back