Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 complaints about 1:04 in that video

Actually, that's the correct way to handle a diagonal collision with the center of a quarter pipe. The collision normal is pointed in the near opposite direction, so yes, stopping dead there is correct. I'm pretty sure the classics would have handled it the same way as well.

s20.jpg

Since Time Eater has his own achievement, I'm guessing this is to unlock Super Sonic for normal levels.

Actually, that's the correct way to handle a diagonal collision with the center of a quarter pipe. The collision normal is pointed in the near opposite direction, so yes, stopping dead there is correct. I'm pretty sure the classics would have handled it the same way as well.

I was referencing what happened straight after, how Sonic boosts and the 'mysterious force' throws him up.

People complain about Sonic 4 being slow when he has the same speed as in the classics so there still might be people complaining about this.

Sonic Generations' Sky Sanctury looks little like the original in desighn :(

Last edited:
Sonic Generations' Sky Sanctury looks little like the original in desighn (design*) :(

They aren't building the levels to look exactly like the originals were. They're meant to incorporate the same gameplay and visuals as the originals, but at the same time adding some new stuff to twist it up. In fact, none of the levels Sega has shown look just like the originals, especially Chemical Plant.

I don't see what point you're trying to make here, either, because the looks of the game have nothing to do with how Sonic 4 played.

My point is linked to the fact that Violo said "inb4 complaints about 1:04 in that video" and fans are going to simply complain about things that are actually true to the original...I think I might misinterpret what he said. What you mentioned al still looks the same but with added stuff. It might just be the color change from gold to grey.

Last edited:
My point is linked to the fact that Violo said that fans are going to simply complain about things that are actually true to the original. What you mentioned al still looks the same but with added stuff. It might just be the color change to grey.
buh
What did I say?
But yeah, this is probably the closest you can get to a 3D rendition of any of these levels close to the classics without making it look stupid and ugly.
If anyone says it isn't close enough to the original, love to see them try.

Double post, I know, but I'm pointing out something.

You know the Sonic 20th Anniversary video?
I just watched it again, and the level list was hiding under our noses all this time.
Every first level of each game included in Generations shown excluding Sonic 06 was in Sonic Generations. Yes, even Speed Highway and Sky Sanctuary.
I find it funny that Sega gave us subtle hints of all the levels, and hardly anyone noticed.

Anyone else see this?

People complain about Sonic 4 being slow when he has the same speed as in the classics so there still might be people complaining about this.

Sonic Generations' Sky Sanctury looks little like the original in desighn :(
People complain about Sonic 4 because it has gimped physics and the entire game is complete shit, not because of the speed.

Well, Metal Sonic's fight looks boring as all hell. Then again, he's stuck as the first boss, so he has no choice in the matter.

Either they suck at Generations, or they nerfed the boost bar so it won't continuously grow anymore. (Unless it's a skill or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back