Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
omfgtsszisntnewssourceblahblahblah
Classic Sonic homing attack.
hormingattacku.jpg

Right now it is supposed to be optional.

Last edited:
TSSZ is not a news source, and your image link seems to be broken. I wouldn't trust this as far as I could throw it given the alleged source, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was true. I'd only believe this if it was posted... pretty much anywhere else (Sonic Stadium, Retro, etc.)

I think if they were to put a homing attack in with Classic Sonic, they would make it like the Sonic Rush one, pointless and usually not working.
And hell, that homing beacon was probably a glitch for all we know du to Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic nearly exactly the same engine with different moves.

TSSZ is not a news source, and your image link seems to be broken. I wouldn't trust this as far as I could throw it given the alleged source, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was true. I'd only believe this if it was posted... pretty much anywhere else (Sonic Stadium, Retro, etc.)
Not sure what went wrong with the image. I clicked edit and it showed up again.

Who cares if you think TSSZ isn't a news source? And did you even bother clicking on the link? Basically, they took a screen a screen of the official video Nintendo posted. I just watched the video and I saw the homing attack icon show up two times. There is no need to wait for Stadium/Retro if the evidence is right in front of your eyes.

I think if they were to put a homing attack in with Classic Sonic, they would make it like the Sonic Rush one, pointless and usually not working.
And hell, that homing beacon was probably a glitch for all we know du to Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic nearly exactly the same engine with different moves.
It is kind of funny since my friend said the homing attack would be included for Classic Sonic. He also told me later levels would force you to use homing attack as part of its level design. (Modern Era levels) He was right with the homing attack, but I'm not totally sure with the level design comment. And it being a glitch? I doubt it, I'm sure Classic Sonic will have homing attack.

It is kind of funny since my friend said the homing attack would be included for Classic Sonic. He also told me later levels would force you to use homing attack as part of its level design. (Modern Era levels) He was right with the homing attack, but I'm not totally sure with the level design comment. And it being a glitch? I doubt it, I'm sure Classic Sonic will have homing attack.
why would classic sonic ever deliberately get a homing attack? he never had one in sonic 1-3k, you know, the games that his character was inspired by.

Who cares if you think TSSZ isn't a news source?

TSSZ is a horrible site run by a horrible person and filled with lies. I wouldn't touch the site with a 10 mile pole.

And did you even bother clicking on the link? Basically, they took a screen a screen of the official video Nintendo posted. I just watched the video and I saw the homing attack icon show up two times. There is no need to wait for Stadium/Retro if the evidence is right in front of your eyes.

If that's true, then Modern Sonic's music in Mushroom Hill is obviously not a placeholder and is the actual song. The game is still in development, and it could have easily been a bug. And here's TSSZ, blowing it out of proportion. TSSZ loves to start rumors for the sake of readership, and is no better than any given tabloid. I trust news from the Sonic Stadium, Sonic Wrecks, and Sonic Retro far more then I ever would TSSZ, and anything at TSSZ that's NOT on the above or similarly actually-respectable-to-some-degree sites is more often than not, a lie.

For people afraid to touch websites from the fowl TSSZ, here is the link to those shots on the Sonic Stadium.

why would classic sonic ever deliberately get a homing attack? he never had one in sonic 1-3k, you know, the games that his character was inspired by.
It is a bonus move. You don't have to use it but you may be forced to use it in Modern Era levels. (As what my friend told me, but he isn't a good source. Don't take my/his word for it.)

TSSZ is a horrible site run by a horrible person and filled with lies. I wouldn't touch the site with a 10 mile pole.
I don't see a problem with TSSZ especially when they point out their sources. I'm sure we should base the whole site on several iffy articles and a "horrible" person.
If that's true, then Modern Sonic's music in Mushroom Hill is obviously not a placeholder and is the actual song.
Ugh.. why? The remix could be done later in development.
The game is still in development, and it could have easily been a bug. And here's TSSZ, blowing it out of proportion. TSSZ loves to start rumors for the sake of readership, and is no better than any given tabloid. I trust news from the Sonic Stadium, Sonic Wrecks, and Sonic Retro far more then I ever would TSSZ, and anything at TSSZ that's NOT on the above or similarly actually-respectable-to-some-degree sites is more often than not, a lie.
Could it be a bug? It could be a bug but right now that is uncertain. I guess you could wait and see but I have a feeling this isn't a bug.

It is a bonus move. You don't have to use it but you may be forced to use it in Modern Era levels. (As what my friend told me, but he isn't a good source. Don't take my/his word for it.)
oh okay it doesn't make sense at all chronologically but you don't HAVE to use it so it's a-okay

So, has anybody seen the new home console screens yet?

screenlg10.jpg

Sonic and Shadow reunite on what appears to be Space Colony ARK. Apparently, some vendettas just can't die.

screenlg9.jpg

Erudite Drs. Eggman and Hedgehog meet aboard Dr. Eggman's personal residence to discuss politics and other such worldly matters.

screenlg6.jpg

Sonic crash-lands on an uncivilized planet, whose heathen natives have been unfortunate in not having been introduced to the benevolent hand of market capitalism or the King James edition of the Holy Bible.

screenlg8.jpg

"The test subject's mental state appeared to rapidly deteriorate after ingesting the sample of lysergic acid diethylamide. He reported frequent conversations with his younger self and claimed that he was slowly changing into a cobalt-blue hedgehog. Then yesterday we found his crushed body splattered across the roof of a 1959 Ford Edsel. Florensic evidence suggests the test subject jumped off a fifth-story balcony of an adjacent hotel. We recommend to the Director that human trials of this new drug be ceased immediately."

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for posting the images we had links to (one questionable but still), then posting them here without a spoiler tag so we gotta scroll through your gigantic post. Real nice.

I'd spoil this, because hey, somebody has to, but this forum doesn't have any spoiler or color tags, so... eh.

I'm glad that they're not just rehashing the Sonic 2 final boss again like they did with 4. The way the Egg Robo is in the background is kind of like how they did it (or part of it, anyway) in Sonic 3, which really isn't getting nearly enough representation here.

Kind of sad that Planet Wisp looks more or less the same thing so far. Maybe that'll change once there's video of it, but still. Robotnik was building something on it back in Colors, so the smart thing to do would be to have the construction be finished and turn it into a Launch Base/Death Egg sort of thing.

Also, the guy who runs TSSZ beat up a woman at a Bennigan's. True story.

Death Egg at 0:47.

And modern remix is still epic.

EDIT: And the classic remix reminds me of Sonic 3-D Blast (Saturn) music. That's nostalgic for me, because that was my first ever Sonic game.

Last edited:
I seem to be looking at a different interview, this one's on a fighting game, does this update over time or something?

Edit: Went through all the videos (title anyway) and none seem to be Sonic themed, any other linsk to this conference?

Last edited:
I seem to be looking at a different interview, this one's on a fighting game, does this update over time or something?

Edit: Went through all the videos (title anyway) and none seem to be Sonic themed, any other linsk to this conference?

The conference isn't sonic related, but it still has generations music playing in the background for some reason.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant the music was playing in the background in my other post, not actual gameplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back