Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, if anyone didn't notice yet...
Sonic Generations for PS3 and 360 both are 3D compatible.
5922SG_360_PACK-FRONT.jpg
5923SG_PS3_PACK-FRONT.jpg

Last edited:
So here's a video of the 3DS version, complete with boss.

I've got to say this looks seriously crappy compared to the HD version, which I guess is to be expected considering they're having Dimps do it. The graphics are seriously ugly for how powerful the 3DS is supposed to be, and the level looks even more plain than even the Genesis version of Green Hill. Speaking of which, they haven't even changed the level design at ALL from Act 1 of Sonic 1! And they're using the Doomsday music for the Launch Base boss!

And that's not even getting into the physics for Classic, which look pretty much unchanged from Sonic 4. Well, at least they didn't give Fat Sonic a homing attack, I guess.

Actually, the LACK of the homing attack makes things WORSE for Fat Sonic, since he's MORE vulnerable. The Homing Attack was used to compensate for a LOT, and without it, Fat Sonic is screwed, especially with the uncurling. I never thought I'd see the homing attack improve a 2D game, but then again, its Dimps we're talking about here. No sense of how a good engine works, nor a sense of good level design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQ8ooNA5bY&feature=related <- better look at Slim Sonic 3DS, in all his autopilot "glory".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kezoeNL5A08&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL <- and somewhat better footage of Fat Sonic with his wonktacular physics.

Last edited:
I was hoping Modern Sonic would have sections that weren't 2D, making him more modern-ish. Oh, well.

Um, Sonic Colors and Unleashed have had plenty of 2D sections. He's still Modern Sonic when he's in 2D. Not to mention the handhelds in general.

Disregarding the absolutely silly looking Sonic on the cake in this following picture, let's take a look at just who decided to drop in for Sonic's 20th.

KTdu388d974Mt5TX9q1k66oPz7c7N61l.jpg

I would a slice from Green Hill. The blue hedgehog in front of the loop is the cherry. I would it too. The whole.

Okay, so I just learned that Sega would retake the old levels ... and yes, once all the ideas are used, we have no other choice than to reuse with a new look.
I'm curious to see how they will spend some 3D levels in 2D.
I just hope he will not have levels of Sonic Adventure 1. It's a game so magically created that I do not want to see new versions. No remix.

Disregarding the absolutely silly looking Sonic on the cake in this following picture, let's take a look at just who decided to drop in for Sonic's 20th.

KTdu388d974Mt5TX9q1k66oPz7c7N61l.jpg

Yeah, I burst out laughing at that Sonic when they wheeled out that cake. I swear, they did that on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back