Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Drifting is so easy.
Unleashed 360 was far worse, but the Wii version was pretty good. Though, it was pretty slow.

All you do is get enough speed, hold B and then hold left/right(Depending on what direction you are going)

Yeah I think I know how to drift and I fail to see how the drift in Sonic Unleashed is slow, You can go quite fast in some drifts.

and it doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, if you try, it looks like Sonic is having a fit with some rainbow aura around him. I have Sonic Unleashed on the Wii and the drift on that game works far better than Colours' drift does.

Last edited:
I remember Sonic Unleashed only having to use drift where there was a U-turn. All you do is make a sharp turn.
In Colors and HDleashed you go at quite a fast speed. Sonic UnWiieashed overall is pretty slow.

I only have the Wii Version of Colors, so I was wondering what the Red Wisp in the DS Version does. Anyone know?

though some tracks are so short that they loop several times per minute. The Green Wisp theme is an example of this.

As a personal aside, I find the Green Wisp theme to be the most terrifying soundtrack in any video game ever. It's hard, exactly, to describe why. The best way I can convey it is that it reminds me of being trapped at the bottom of a pool filled with honey, or crushed underneath a sweaty, immobile, and insufferably pompous fat man.

I like all the level themes, though I'm going to have to say that my favorite song in Sonic Colors is the Special Stage theme in the DS version.

Since I haven't gotten either version yet, how exactly are Chaos Emeralds collected in the Wii version? Since there are six main levels, is the 7th Chaos Emerald collected in a special way?

Since I haven't gotten either version yet, how exactly are Chaos Emeralds collected in the Wii version? Since there are six main levels, is the 7th Chaos Emerald collected in a special way?

This might be a possible spoiler, so for those who don't want to spoil it, I'll put it as a tag, but continuing onto your question.

On the Wii version, you have to find these red rings (in total there are 180 of the things) scattered around the main game levels which unlock levels for the *Sonic Simulator* there are 7 zones with 3 acts, and from what I'm aware of; at the end of each act 3, you get a chaos emerald.

Last edited:
This might be a possible spoiler, so for those who don't want to spoil it, I'll put it as a tag, but continuing onto your question.

On the Wii version, you have to find these red rings (in total there are 180 of the things) scattered around the main game levels which unlock levels for the *Sonic Simulator* there are 7 zones with 3 acts, and from what I'm aware of; at the end of each act 3, you get a chaos emerald.

I'm going to add on...
Basically what he said is right. However when you first enter the Sonic Simulator, only the first acts for each Zone are unlocked. *Which is X-1* By collecting Red Rings, and after a certain amount have been collected, you'll start unlocking Zone X-2 for all 7 Zones, once that's done, you'll move onto Zone X-3 which are the final batch.

At the end of every Act 3 per Zone, as soon as you touch the Goal Ring, you'll get rewarded with a Chaos Emerald depending on the color of the stage. *Green Stage > Green Emerald, Yellow Stage > Yellow Emerald, etc.*

(X is just a placeholder for the Zones, which is 1 thru 7.)

For those that are S Ranking this game, you'll be having a lot of lives. Let's see... I haven't completed Aquatic Park or Asteroid Coaster yet. But I don have the 4 Zones before these two zones S-Ranked with all the Red Rings collected.

Lives: 75 (Lost a few by dying to get some Red Rings I missed. >_>)
S-Ranks: 29/44
Red Rings: 127/180

Last edited:
Finished collecting all 7 of the emeralds yesterday. They really need to take out the the invisible walls, scripted loops and areas that were in the middle of a few levels for future Sonic games, I still enjoyed the game but they get annoying really quickly.

I did the math. If you average the ranks you gave each component, Katmint...

(6+7+9+7+8) / 5 = 7.4 * 100 = 74%

...the overall total of your review would be a 74%.

So a 7.4 out of 10.

I'm picky like that, and I'd rather people do their math and get their review scores accurately.

wow, greg, are you that anal-retentive

what if he was giving more weight to one category

or HELL what if the final review score isn't necessarily an average? lots of people do that, you know

OK, I need some help. I just beat the game a couple of days ago, and I want to see if I can't get a few S ranks before I send it back to GameFly. The problem is that I can't seem to get a single S rank at all. A's aren't too much of a problem, but I can't seem to get any S ranks at all.

Any tips? Should I just speed through the level and go for the best time, or should I spend more time looking for secrets?

Try to use the wisp powers as often as possible. They boost the score quite a bit. Getting the Red Rings are 30,000 points each, too. Don't focus on a speedrun. Just run through the level thoroughly and well.

if I can't get a few S ranks before I send it back to GameFly.
Go slow and don't collect anything? Ha, I know this was a typo.

Don't lose your rings, they are worth a lot of points near the end. That stash of 347 rings you are holding could boost your score from an A to an S. (Especially on T.V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back