Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/full-sonic-chronicles-box-art-revealed-and-new-release-date

Its Nintendo!*Shot*

Delayed,WIfi scrapped....D:

Yay it comes out in the UK tommorow according to the argos catalogue. Also the box art in the catalogue shows that Wi-Fi is supported. We'll have to see when we get it.

I hope this is a good game. The new games have good gameplay but something always screws them up.

Autosaver said:
http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/856273/sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood/videos/scdbdevdiary1.html

CG cut scenes. :D
So much research.... So much awesomeness....
This game will be great. Wait... Scratch that. It will be a masterpiece.

Autosaver said:
Wi-fi proven to be discontinued.
D:
There goes the only reason I had to get this. If it had Kindom Hearts style free fighting I would get it. It has that set fighting though, doesn't it?

Errrgh. I was hoping for wi-fi. Only sonic rush adventure wi-fi and the fact that it was limited (you only had a choice of TWO characters)ruined it. I hope wi-fi is in the next sequel, if they do make it.

Honestly, just from the name I can tell this is most likely going to be a bad game. Sega hasn't even been getting the once highly praised original Sonic concept right and now they're trying to create a Sonic RPG. Why can't SEGA team just keep Sonic how it was meant to be. Sonic saves animals from Robotnik by jumping on enemies while running through beautifully and dynamically colored worlds.
The last thing I saw from sega was a hedgehog-like character swearing at me after falling off a ledge with a gun -_-

Ultimate said:
Honestly, just from the name I can tell this is most likely going to be a bad game. Sega hasn't even been getting the once highly praised original Sonic concept right and now they're trying to create a Sonic RPG. Why can't SEGA team just keep Sonic how it was meant to be. Sonic saves animals from Robotnik by jumping on enemies while running through beautifully and dynamically colored worlds.
The last thing I saw from sega was a hedgehog-like character swearing at me after falling off a ledge with a gun -_-

Maybe you didn't read it right. This is being developed by BIOWARE, not Sonic Team.

Chisuun said:
Ultimate said:

Maybe you didn't read it right. This is being developed by BIOWARE, not Sonic Team.

I know I'm not the one who posted it, but I forgot about that.

Ooo...interesting, not by sega. Maybe it has a chance. But still, from the title, it doesn't seem very good. Then again, don't judge a book by it's cover. But, sonic was made to be an RPG. Then again, super mario RPG did quite well.

So, I am about half way through the game right now....
So far its really damn good... the level of customization you can do to your party is pure Bioware...
And they somehow have managed to make SHADOW of all people likable!
This game is really what Super Mario RPG did to Mario.
Its not a "Sonic" style game but it has Sonic elements to it.
Its just something you will have to play to understand.

The battle system itself takes some time to get use to.
The special moves WILL throw you off at first and it will take practice to manage to pull em off consistently to do max damage (And there are points in the game will you will NEED to master doing those moves).
The "Run" minigame is fun but can sometimes be a bit annoying when just trying to grind levels.
The faster you complete a combat, the more rewards you get which is a nice touch.

Still, I put my faith in Bioware and once again they have not let me down one bit.
Although, I am calling it right now its gonna end on a cliffhanger...
It seems I am a little over half through and they are still introducing new plot elements into the fold.

P.S. I don't use Big.... he makes me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back