• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic and Knuckles Shields Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkman90

Hey guys. I had some spare time, so I decided to make a small mod for my first SRB2 mod. All it does is change the Fire, Lightning, and Liquid shields to look like the ones from Sonic and Knuckles. I might change a few things, but for right now, this is what it looks like.

srb20000.gif

Fire Shield

srb20001.gif

Lightning Shield

srb20002.gif

Liquid Shield

Download (35.13 Kbs)

Enjoy, and tell me what you think. :)

Maybe what you could do is insert some recolored Sonic 1/2 styled shield sprites for the other two types.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Now why the HELL didn't I think of that? :roll: Anyways, very nice. It's so original.
I though about it for my mod, but I discarded the idea later. But it changes the thing a little, because my idea was adding the double jump attacks, too... (possible with SOC editing, I think)

PS: if you ask why do I mention a lot of times my mod and I didn't say anything about it, like making a topic, is because I want to keep this until it's "finished". You'll get surprises, and one of them is the reason of putting the word finished between quotes...

No, shield-induced double jump attacks are not possible with SOC edits. Why do you people think SOC edits can do everything? Why?? Surely SOCs should be able to do such things, but they cannot.

Also, when this was first being made (like, totally before the bubble shield and just after the lightning shield was first made) I offered to make a SOC edit to allow the inclusion of the extra frames that were left out and remove all the double frames and such. That still stands.

Yes JTE, I would love it if you could make a SOC for the frames of the shields. I will probably be on IRC later, then we can work on it. ;)

KingofFlames said:
Sorry for the long bump but I was wondering if anyone had this wad, the link dosen't work

yeah, im sorry but i need the link, Plus the screenshots dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back