sonic adventure online

Status
Not open for further replies.
KingofFlames said:
shadow the fox said:

It's massively over-hyped and the PC version runs like a superglued snail.
you really dont play first person shooters dont you. ALL FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ARE LIKE THAT. besides that aLOT of data for a PC game, and you need a really good PC for it to run well.
XDDD
Man this is funny, talking to a Doom weapons modder like that. Not all FPSs run like crap, well, that is if you have a good computer, :D
My computer sucks, halo runs perfect. UT2004 sucks. But halo, again, perfect ^^.

you really dont play first person shooters dont you. ALL FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ARE LIKE THAT. besides that aLOT of data for a PC game, and you need a really good PC for it to run well.
Erm, no they aren't? I've played lots of FPSes that don't horridly, though they are a little dated. But then, so is Halo. The game doesn't have THAT good of graphics, it shouldn't run slowly..
Also, UT2004 doesn't suck. It's a hell of alot more involving than Halo is.

Shuffle said:
Erm, no they aren't? I've played lots of FPSes that don't horridly, though they are a little dated. But then, so is Halo. The game doesn't have THAT good of graphics, it shouldn't run slowly..
I meant in terms of frames per second. I still prefer halo than ut. Maybe its the gore, I don't like that stuff, even when I turn it off, the game just doesn't seem fun anymore lol, so I uninstall it.

Halo for the lose. You want to play an FPS that's actually halfway-decent? Go out and buy TimeSplitters (1, 2 or 3). I can assure you, you won't be dissapointed, and it's, at the very least, still LEAGUES above Halo's rushed, clunky, overhyped, generic-ass gameplay.

Shuffle said:

ah. UT2004. i frogot about that :D

omega. timesplitters is a bit overated. but fun. however, i stoped playing it months agao.

brianv said:
Shuffle said:
brianv said:
They are replacing mc biped with sonic charaters, the idea now is each spawn is a random character.
Sonicxtreme(project leader) is working on a single player mode.
Make sure you watch these videos(dunno if they been posted on this topic yet)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=343246149412192497
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2691607093762920187
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=683730781000322992

Here's their mb:
http://www.smt.clancrg.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

Modding halo isn't exactly easy(I tried). So these guys deserve some kind of respect.

God, those videos look TERRIBLE! The gravity is way low, the animations are horrid, and worst of all, the loop looks automatic. I see absolutely NO flow in that. Sonic Adventure may have played the game for you half the time, but at least the game flowed.
Like I previosly said, Halo is not easy to mod, but so are a bunch of other games.

Anyway, random screenshot I took:
untitledqo3.png

Oh yea, if your actually playing it, it seems fine, the videos just don't seem right.

Well thats an amazing pic and im dieing for this game but which website were u talking about?

Ok, here's what I have to say:

SuperSonic just looks like an alternate skin, and he dosen't have any cool effects.

Every vehicle is just a reshaped version of an existing one (Airboards; Ghost, Bigfoot; Scorpion, Tornado 2 combat mode; Banshe)

The animation just dosen't look natural, Sonic walks as if he's wearing Hoverskates.

All the level remakes are still essentially 2D.

Alot of that promotional footage was from completely different games.

They seem to be using the netplay combatibilty as if they're the first Sonic game with netplay.

As has been said, the gravity is way too low.

Oh and by the way, the emission on that airboard is all the way up, which means it glows (crappily), and it can't be shaded.

Draykon said:

SuperSonic just looks like an alternate skin, and he dosen't have any cool effects.

Every vehicle is just a reshaped version of an existing one (Airboards; Ghost, Bigfoot; Scorpion, Tornado 2 combat mode; Banshe)

The animation just dosen't look natural, Sonic walks as if he's wearing Hoverskates.

They seem to be using the netplay combatibilty as if they're the first Sonic game with netplay.

Oh and by the way, the emission on that airboard is all the way up, which means it glows (crappily), and it can't be shaded.
omg you obviously have't even played this so shut up. You have no idea what your talking about, those videos are old! How much times do I have to say this isn't done? Stop assuming it is. Halo is a netplay game. This is a halo mod. It the first halo sonic mod with netplay.

brianv said:
Draykon said:

omg you obviously have't even played this so shut up. You have no idea what your talking about, those videos are old!
See? That's what you get for being a Halo fanboy, mindless and not listining to what other people say.

brianv said:
Draykon said:

omg you obviously have't even played this so shut up. You have no idea what your talking about, those videos are old! How much times do I have to say this isn't done? Stop assuming it is. Halo is a netplay game. This is a halo mod. It the first halo sonic mod with netplay.

Wow...and I was begining to think you were intelligent...

We can only make assumtions based on what we see. Even SRB2 wasn't always good, but it's getting better. So I can unnderstand that this isn't finished. If you show us something better than what we're seeing, then maybe we can say that it's making actual progress. I love Halo. But this is a mod I don't see going anywhere too fast.

Zeshiro said:
brianv said:
Draykon said:

Wow...and I was begining to think you were intelligent...

We can only make assumtions based on what we see. Even SRB2 wasn't always good, but it's getting better. So I can unnderstand that this isn't finished. If you show us something better than what we're seeing, then maybe we can say that it's making actual progress. I love Halo. But this is a mod I don't see going anywhere too fast.
Wow. You don't know how right I am. Plus this mod is evolving pretty damn fast.

Nobody is assuming it's done. I'd still expect it to contain tons of bugs. That's completely understandable. I'm just not impressed by these screenshots and videos. It's not that people are hating on it, it just doesn't look that great from what we've seen.

Why don't you show us a good gameplay demo, or something else to base our opinions on.

Your wrong, apparently there are a bunch of people here hating it. The only reason I can see for the hatred is because its a mod off from halo. I believe if it was anything else, people would like it more.

Wow, that's the most intellegent thing I've heard you say. Yes I would like it better if it wasn't a Halo mod, but again, I've made a long list of things that have nothing to do with it. I've yet to see anything that impressive, those run-on-wall physics would be good for a hoverboard game, but not a Sonic Game.

TheDarkArchon said:
brianv said:
Whats wrong with halo?

It's massively over-hyped and the PC version runs like a superglued snail.

That'll be your computer, works fine on mine and even my nan's and that thing is slow o.o.

Before you say it, I AM NOT A HALO FANBOY!

brianv said:
You guys gonna complain about this halo mod too, just because it's halo?
Insert picture here
No, they are trying to mod the game into another FPS, rather than a platformer. Sonic in Halo just doesn't work. Can you honestly tell me that waiting 30 seconds in the air after hitting a ramp is FUN?

Shuffle said:
brianv said:
Insert picture here
No, they are trying to mod the game into another FPS, rather than a platformer. Sonic in Halo just doesn't work. Can you honestly tell me that waiting 30 seconds in the air after hitting a ramp is FUN?
Atleast it has ramps :roll:
Don't you think srb2 started out simlar to how this mod is?
By the way, they are trying to move the mod away from an fps.

Shuffle said:
brianv said:
Insert picture here

That's not fun, that's Sonic Heroes...

And anyway, I have no problem with Halo. I'm no Halo freak, but that's not why I don't like it. Sonic + Doom is a hard enough concept to get. The thing is, SRB2 at this point, is nothing like Doom. That still looks like Halo to me. The thing that bugs me is, it's called Sonic Adventure Online, when clearly, it's nothing that comes close to being compared the Sonic Avdenture. It should be called Sonic Halo or Halo Adventure. It's not that much of a mod.

SRB2 Xmas DID start out like crap. But it was still fun and flowed (slightly). Bah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back